Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: why i prefer a magnito

lucky
    well - last week i killed a nose cone on my starter- so i pulled it and put a nose cone on it - shoved it back in ( new starter ) well friday went out and noticed alternator was not charging ?? went out to a nice cove and took my wife and kids out swiming - went to come back in -- and starter took a shit again - would not engage - so after beating the bendex spring and cuting the hell out of my ass from being in the engine compartment - then flaging some one down and switching ( thinking i didn't have enough amps to engage ) still the same grinding ( non engageing ) noise --- soooooooooooo for the second time in a week - i have gotten towed !! by a bayliner never the less - so anyways saturday morning - pull starter and really inspect it and found that i cracked a gear - so i said **** it - bought a new starter as i have learned that if a part has bad mojo - it needs to go ! so i put the new starter back on and hook up my Quick connects -: ) and turn key on and she fires right off - pulll kill switch and then shut it off -- then down starting to polish my crap and i notice smoke -- wtf -- so i look around and its boiling out of the alternator -- well that explains why it stopped charging -- after a hundred bucks for a new starter and the lack of marine stores available - and the fact that i just put a c note in the fuel tank -- my boating allowance was one again blown -- it's been hot i said screw it -- pulled the alternaotr and wiring off the term block - took off the belt - charged up the battery and had a great weekend - batery is still full and the kids are smiling mag-s the only way to stay energized

single barrel
    But then again, what do you know???????

So are you saying you have always run the mag & it is screwing with the alternater. I thought the reason you run a mag is to not run an alternater?
    Or are you running electronic & keeping it going with just the battery?? & want to run a mag???
    Not getting the connecting between the bad starter, smoking alternater & why you preffer a mag. :hammerhea

dmontzsta
    So are you saying you have always run the mag & it is screwing with the alternater. I thought the reason you run a mag is to not run an alternater?
    Or are you running electronic & keeping it going with just the battery?? & want to run a mag???
    Not getting the connecting between the bad starter, smoking alternater & why you preffer a mag. :hammerhea
    Morg, lucky is difficult to understand...that is why when he posts I just dont read it, cause I get to confused.

well - last week i killed a nose cone on my starter- so i pulled it and put a nose cone on it - shoved it back in ( new starter ) well friday went out and noticed alternator was not charging ?? went out to a nice cove and took my wife and kids out swiming - went to come back in -- and starter took a shit again - would not engage - so after beating the bendex spring and cuting the hell out of my ass from being in the engine compartment - then flaging some one down and switching ( thinking i didn't have enough amps to engage ) still the same grinding ( non engageing ) noise --- soooooooooooo for the second time in a week - i have gotten towed !! by a bayliner never the less - so anyways saturday morning - pull starter and really inspect it and found that i cracked a gear - so i said **** it - bought a new starter as i have learned that if a part has bad mojo - it needs to go ! so i put the new starter back on and hook up my Quick connects -: ) and turn key on and she fires right off - pulll kill switch and then shut it off -- then down starting to polish my crap and i notice smoke -- wtf -- so i look around and its boiling out of the alternator -- well that explains why it stopped charging -- after a hundred bucks for a new starter and the lack of marine stores available - and the fact that i just put a c note in the fuel tank -- my boating allowance was one again blown -- it's been hot i said screw it -- pulled the alternaotr and wiring off the term block - took off the belt - charged up the battery and had a great weekend - batery is still full and the kids are smiling mag-s the only way to stay energized
    I think a better title to the thread would be
    "Why we could give a rats ass"

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    1.going out with a broken starter
    2. not checking if the alt. is charging ahead of time.
    3. apparent inability to wire an alternator.
    4. towed in by a bayliner twice!
    Go ahead and blame your alternator on your screwed up starter and lack of general mechanical abilities. Its guys like you that give the rest of us a bad name. Its clear why your such a cheerleader for wackers now... :sleeping:

lucky
    no i'm saying my alternator took a shit - so i just 86 'd it and use the battery ONLY to start - said pile ... ohh and thanks guru -- I love you too ! mag
    there is no connection between the two items- my wife said i could not spend any more money on the boat for the week - lol so i just took the alternator off - and kept playing

lucky
    Go ahead and blame your alternator on your screwed up starter and lack of general mechanical abilities. Its guys like you that give the rest of us a bad name. Its clear why your such a cheerleader for wackers now... :sleeping:
    hey listen - lense cap - if i want any shit out of you - i'll just knock on toney's back door and wait for you to answer -- biatch -- raw raw shis boom ba -- i do beleive - your man toney converted -- to a whacker -- But he said it was for pleasure

meaniam
    ouch harshness just countines here

single barrel
    Please change your location line to read Lake County, not 707 or NorCal as you are an embarassment to the area.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast