Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "There's a Bathroom on the Right..."

Froggystyle
    My life has been plagued off and on with the realization that you have been singing the wrong words, for whatever reason to a song. One of my first memories of this was the Credence song verse that I thought went "Don't come around tonight, it's bound to save your life... there's a bathroom on the right.."
    Now remember, I was young, so Elton John was on the radio with his big hit that sang "Rocketman... burning up the sky with you shoes on fire"
    None made me feel as stupid as the realization that one of my old standby's on acoustic guitar around campfires, Bob Marley's Redemption Song did not start with "An old Pirate's just a rabbi" I was crushed to think of the hundred times I sang that song that way. (In my defense, I am not Jamaican and was not aware of a term spoken "rob-I" meaning get oneself stolen. )
    None are as funny as the one that just came to light however...
    As in any shop, the subject of midgets comes up on occasion. Mikey, one of the riggers always mentions that if we do get someone small enough to fit down the sponson easily we will have to name him ""Simon" after the Rancid song (big fan) that goes "I had a dream I was a midget named Simon, my name is Tim and I'm a lesser known character, I had a dream I was a midget named Simon, fighting crime in the streets together."
    Except that "midget named Simon" is actually "Vigilant Sidekick", and the song is called "Sidekick"
    I think I like the midget version better, but this whole thing is cracking me up big time, thinking of how many times Mikey has shouted that at the top of his lungs in the shop.
    Too funny.
    What are your best song screwups?

Jordy
    I always liked Blinded By The Light, you know, the one about about being wrapped up like a douche...

Flashover
    There's to many to list I wouldn't even know where to start... :hammer2: :hammer2:

hoolign
    I always liked Blinded By The Light, you know, the one about about being wrapped up like a douche...
    Those arent the words???

Jbb
    Midgets.....lol

Froggystyle
    Midgets.....lol
    Midgit sounds smaller... fixed them though..

RP1
    beat me to it... that's the one for me.

pjones
    There's a term for it, it's called chronic lyricosis....

4day!!
    "Big ol jet had a light out" Steve Miller.. Great song :hammerhea

LaveyJet
    ""scuse me while I kiss this guy" Hendrix, Purple Haze

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast