Thread: Twin Turbo engine??

Fhat Cat
    Thinking about twin turbo engine for my cat. Anyone running one?? Or who's the best maker of turbos for marnie engines?? Thanks...

Unchained
    After weeks of working out bugs I've really got this one running strong.
    I'm real happy with the results.
    Starts good without hitting the gas pedal,
    Idles smooth,
    No noticable flat spots during accelleration.
    The last two friends who rode along were supposed to be watching the EGT gauge and instead they were grabbing for the handle during accelleration.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/220DSC01930-med.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/220DSC01915-med.JPG[/img]
    The two turbo's on this one were rebuilds that came from a Mack truck.
    You can get them from East Coast Turbo for
    $ 380.00 each.

BrendellaJet
    AWESOME!

DEL51
    Unchained, I am still dialing in my set up. I am spinning the same impeller.ss AA, and inducer on a old centurion pickle.I am spinninig my impeller to 6100 rpm.I have more in it, maybe 6250.I am running a 572 with 11.8lbs of boost on 1150 doms.I am realyy impressed with the 6450 rpm you achieved.I have my intercooler inlet and headers fed by the same bassett "T" valve.I was told to limit the pressure to 40 lbs on my superchiller.I am steaming the headers as normal and my exit for the intercooler is next to my left hand near the driver seat.I feel the water out and it is Hot but the flow doesn't seem enough.How many psi are running through your intercooler and where did you tap off for its water source. Are you running a strainer of any type? I am not, but intend to.I am having a blast with this setup but it sucks gas like no tomorrow. Most of that is my fault for not wanting to cruise at 50 mph.I am thinking the efi/turbo setup has to be more fuel eficient than my blower setup.I really like your new boat and colors.Thanks,DEL51 P.S. I would like to converse further in depth if possible.
    [ August 28, 2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: DEL51 ]

Unchained
    Del51, The 6400 I was turning the AA impeller was last week. A little more tuning and now I've got 6780 out of it. As I fine tune and lean out the top end of the fuel map I pick up more HP.
    http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/DATALOG1.TXT
    This engine runs real good but It's still a big hole to fill and fuel consuption is the most I've experienced. I hope to have a separate fuel map and be able to dial down the wastegates and run pump premium some day but for now the thrill ride is addictive.
    For the water feed lines I'm coming off the pump with a -8 line and branching off to the engine/bypass/intercooler
    A 1/2" gate valve and a -8 line feed the intercooler and I have the gate valve open 5/8 of a turn to limit the flow.
    I put a lighter spring in the bypass valve and it holds 10 lbs when cruising but at WOT I found I was still getting 55 lbs in the engine. The bypass valve couldn't flow enough. Then I put a restrictor orifice (9/32") in the line from the pump to reduce the volume.
    If you want to give me a call try 616-813-7237
    The weekend of Sept 5-6-7 is the biggest Hot Boat meet of the year at Brower Park / Hardy Dam.
    If you can get away it's a blast.
    The Indiana Hot Boat club usually shows up along with some Blarney Island guys.
    Mark

DEL51
    I would like to go but I am working the whole weekend.I will give you a call next week sometime or whenever convienient.This build up of yours is right up there with the best of them.I knew a guy with a 21ft tunnel and he had a twin turbo,gentry setup with carbs.He was turning a 9.5 american turbine impeller to 6k. He ran 16lbs boost and topped out arond 116mph.I am glad your being patient with your system.