Thread: Hdtv

Badger301
    Ok people is anyone familiar with www.woot.com Today they have a 61" DLP Can you experts hit the website and let me know if this really is a good deal or not.
    Thanks

BajaMike
    It looks good....I've never seen a DLP that thin....all DLP picture tubes (or whatever they are called) are built by Texas Instuments, and packaged by the various companies, so in some ways they are similar.
    I would want to look at the picture though, to see how the brightness compares to others. I don't know how you can do that buying on the web.
    Sony has a projection TV that at Costco is a little less then that...the picture is just fantastic.

Chris Winn
    this tv looks like a good buy, afew things to relize:
    1) at 135lbs it is going to be difficult to mount on the wall, not impossible, but you will need to really make sure that it is in a stud good (in a few spots)
    2) i have an infocus projector i use for work and home uses, the quality is good, i would say that i woudl buy the product again.
    3) the price seems almost too good, what is the shipping cost, is there a "handling fee"
    4) i have the sony wega 61" LCD tv, it is HD (i do use HD) but it is abotu 12" thick (not counting the base). i like that TV, and it is still in the 5k price (i apid more when i bougth it new on the market :notam: )
    i have been looking for something like this, you could mount it on a mantle then strap it to the wall (all hidden) that would look great!

Badger301
    this tv looks like a good buy, afew things to relize:
    1) at 135lbs it is going to be difficult to mount on the wall, not impossible, but you will need to really make sure that it is in a stud good (in a few spots)
    2) i have an infocus projector i use for work and home uses, the quality is good, i would say that i woudl buy the product again.
    3) the price seems almost too good, what is the shipping cost, is there a "handling fee"
    4) i have the sony wega 61" LCD tv, it is HD (i do use HD) but it is abotu 12" thick (not counting the base). i like that TV, and it is still in the 5k price (i apid more when i bougth it new on the market :notam: )
    i have been looking for something like this, you could mount it on a mantle then strap it to the wall (all hidden) that would look great!
    It looks like its a 5 dollar shipping fee, I would think they have adjusted the pricing to actually cover the shipping. I think it would look great. I'm still trying to find more info around the internet but so far I think it may be what I am looking for.

Biglue
    Hey Badger I'd check into the sony projection big screen. The picture is good and It's fairly decent priceing. And like mentioned above check out Sam's or Costco. They have some good deals.

HocusPocus
    Hey Badger I'd check into the sony projection big screen. The picture is good and It's fairly decent priceing. And like mentioned above check out Sam's or Costco. They have some good deals.
    i have seen this tv at costco.. and really liked the picture on it. also i have had excellent luck with sony tv's in the past.. and for that matter costco.
    you should check'em out.

desertbird
    Hurry up and get it! WOOT only lasts 1 day for each deal...... :jawdrop: