Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun with the sheriff

infotraker
    Went to Eagle lake Ca for a week, took the Sanger Pickle as usual. 2nd day the boat sheriff pulled up to the beach and said he had to test the boat for noise. We've been going to the same camp since 72 and never a problem with the old Schiada or the last 4 years with the hydro. The next day he came back to do the test. We read the regs and he choose 90 DB at 50 feet out in the lake passing by the back of his boat. I made 4 passes at diff. speeds. Passed the test at 84 and 87 db !!! Running a 468 BBC , bassett twisties and insert mufflers. After that I took him for a ride !!
    Picture of my brother watching the sheriff's boat while I take him for a ride. When we left for the ride he was holding the boat from the lake.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...24/450gary.jpg
    The sheriff riding with me after the test
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...riffinboat.jpg

Thats just about RAD!

DaveA
    Good thing he passed you. He wouldn't have gotten his ride! :wink:

daddy b
    I hope you scared the hell out of him!! He He Heeee
    daddy b :rollside:

LUVNLIFE
    All the time he just wanted a ride. Good to hear you passed, I have the same setup. BTW did your brother play with the lights and siren? :jawdrop:

great_escape
    It's nice to hear that he just wanted a ride when the test was all said and done. The Ranger that tested my boat was so pissed it passed that he gave me a ticket for no spark arrestors on the carbs, (Flat bottom, no engine cover, carbs well above your head) Some people just can't lose. O ya ticket was signed of by another ranger the next day..

voodooCanoe
    Too cool, that reminds me of the sheriff we used to have on one of the rivers we run at. The first time we met he asked us why we ran mufflers and said take them out! If anyone makes a fuss he'll let us know when to put them in!
    Later that day we had the boats lined up were making radar passes as he recorded our #'s. We lost him to cancer a few years ago and he has been greatly missed. Before he passed he did get in a good word for us with the new sheriff and they still leave us alone for the most part.
    Rest in pease Morrie, we miss ya!

sdpm
    I can't believe that he got in your boat and went for a ride!! That is a classic. I would love for that to happen. Don't scare the crap out of him and you have a good friend on your side. Could come in handy some day. Maybe then he won't think that all hot rod boats and owners are iceholes. Good for you. Did he enjoy the ride?

dmontzsta
    That is so awesome.

bocco
    Isn't it illegal to run 50 ft from a stopped boat? Shouldn't you be 100 ft if your on plane?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast