Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I really thinking about a KIA...(shaking head)

HammerDown
    Never in a million years would I EVER belive (I) would consider ever owning a vehicle with a (foreign name plate). And before the flameing wars start, yes I know everything around me has some foreighn parts in it...So take it easy, not the same thing :notam:
    Being Mr. Harley, Ford Diesel, Corvette, and a Teamster etc...bla, bla owning this foreign (what ever) just never seemed right in my book...................BUT!
    I'll need a good comuter, about 140 miles a day and looking for MPG, something that will last, and well...won't cost a arm and a leg :squiggle: !
    Considered a VW TDI deisel...50 + MPG, sometimes a +300,000 mile vehicle (I love diesels) BUT...several told me VW's are headach's period ! Great Diesels but alot of aggravation
    Then Ford Focus 4 door hatch back 5 speed. Heard some good things about them.
    Just came from a test drive on a KIA :squiggle: Spectra-5, 5 speed 4-banger. Damn, I liked it...I liked it alot!
    Under 14K w/ 10-100k warranty and some 35 mpg.
    Tough descisions...

hoolign
    Dude. It's your ride but if it was me wanting to get great milage and still have an iota of self respect.. id opt for a Diesel jetta. Diesels are all about maintanance, usually peple who have problems with them not keeping up on the repairs especially fuel filters!.. Vw has been making very good cars for a hella long time. My neighbor bought a Black jetta, it looks brand new i'm not sure if it is.. Not a bad lookin car for a daily river!

Ziggy
    Everytime I hear that name Christmas always comes to mind......
    Ka, Ka, Ka, Kia...........hollow pottery figure of a Rhino, smeared with seeds and filled with water...
    Sorry HD...its just how my brain works.
    Honestly though, for a commuter there hardly is a bad cheap car you can choose...they all will be good for several thousand miles regardless.

HammerDown
    .. id opt for a Diesel jetta. Diesels are all about maintanance, usually peple who have problems with them not keeping up on the repairs especially fuel filters!.. Vw has been making very good cars for a hella long time. My neighbor bought a Black jetta, it looks brand new i'm not sure if it is.. Not a bad lookin car for a daily river!
    Brother I've been trying to talk myself (into) a VW TDI for weeks now. But JD Power, Consumer Reports even rank them at the bottom of the barrel for problems.
    And even a X VW service writer told me about...
    "The electrical integration on the VW`s are way too complicated.
    The elctric window regulators and subroofs are still to this day a problem for VW.
    The TDI is a very reliable motor although service and chasing issues will cost you dearly.
    VW dealers are the only ones with corect software diagnostics as VW has never released anty patents on its software and there is no release forthe forseable future.
    The Jetta is a great looking vehicle but its service life is extremely short.
    I urge you strongly to look elsewhwere from any VW/Porsche unit.
    I personnally made alot of money from VW owners as there is no one else capable of truely fixing these but dealers.
    There are not many VW owners amongst dealership personnel. That right there says something.
    Stay away from the VW unless you have the money to keep up with costly repairs.
    The new Jettas are a takeoff of the Passat. I will still tell you not to get one. There are people with them that have never had problems (but) the bad out weigh the good.
    But me knowing what I know about VW I say don`t buy one unless you plan to work for them."
    After hearing all this ...I gotta move on to another manufacture!

Bryan Rose
    Never in a million years would I EVER belive (I) would consider ever owning a vehicle with a (foreign name plate). And before the flameing wars start, yes I know everything around me has some foreighn parts in it...So take it easy, not the same thing :notam:
    Being Mr. Harley, Ford Diesel, Corvette, and a Teamster etc...bla, bla owning this foreign (what ever) just never seemed right in my book...................BUT!
    I'll need a good comuter, about 140 miles a day and looking for MPG, something that will last, and well...won't cost a arm and a leg :squiggle: !
    Considered a VW TDI deisel...50 + MPG, sometimes a +300,000 mile vehicle (I love diesels) BUT...several told me VW's are headach's period ! Great Diesels but alot of aggravation
    Then Ford Focus 4 door hatch back 5 speed. Heard some good things about them.
    Just came from a test drive on a KIA :squiggle: Spectra-5, 5 speed 4-banger. Damn, I liked it...I liked it alot!
    Under 14K w/ 10-100k warranty and some 35 mpg.
    Tough descisions...
    Hammer Check out the " Hyudia Santa fe " Great ride for the money and an incredible warrenty as well...... I do really like the Jetta Diesel too...

HammerDown
    Hammer Check out the " Hyudia Santa fe " Great ride for the money and an incredible warrenty as well...... I do really like the Jetta Diesel too...
    That vehicle got good reviews...but the fuel mileage isn't up to where I need it to be.

HocusPocus
    have you checked into saturns?? my wife owned a 95 and that thing just ran and ran and got almost 35 mpg.. it had just under 200k miles when it was crashed into by another car.. while it was parked. my wifes mom and dad have a 2000 saturn and it does get 35 mpg.. something to look into.

HammerDown
    Will consider Saturn...and actually have, somewhat.
    Thanks!

All IN
    Kia are so shaky some banks won't even finance them.

Hermosa
    Kia are so shaky some banks won't even finance them.
    What banks would those be??? You have no idea how much financial backing Kia has, and how cash ritch they actually are, you would be quite surprised.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast