Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pierced speakers?

riverbound
    The same arguement can be made for or against Rockford Fosgate.....Bottom line is your gonna push gear based on whatever brands the shop stocks!
    Actually you are going to push brands based on what makes you the most $$

riverbound
    In his install yes they sound good, and he probably beat a lot of other higher priced speakers in process. They also sound pretty good in Shadow's install. I never said Kicker's sucked; not sure what you are implying....I actually had them in some Titan Tower Speakers....they sounded nice, but they were also no comparison in the tower setup vs. the NVS.
    Actually listen to the Kicker coaxials compared to the other speakers in its price range. They are not the best sounding for the money. They do the job becasue of how LOUD the boat is but as far as actual sound quality they are very low on the list.

h2oski2fast
    93092 Friesheim TOKU - tronic Wagnersiedlung 14 09403 967965
    Give them a call. :smile: :smile: :smile:
    The Eton speaker was the inspiration for Diamond Audio mobile stuff. The Diamond mid was almost the same with a few tweaks. Tweets were a bit different went to 4ohm instead of Eton's 8ohm. Diamond still uses the technology but doesn't offer the "7"" Hexacone, it's only available for the 6.5" and down. Diamond has a new "7" with different technolgoy, but they are pricey and I have yet to hear them.

mbrown2
    You call 1 store succesful??
    I call it a success when I am seeing the Speakers in Lavey's, DCB's, Eliminator's, Cobra's and a couple of other boats I have come across....I am not comparing A&E's to Transonic as I can see A&E has varying service levels depending on the location...
    It was the "mobilworks" line...long time ago. And the line actually ranged form alarms to head untis. The alarms are still in the stores.
    Thanks for the info...

rivercrazy
    Actually you are going to push brands based on what makes you the most $$
    And that is one in the same!

mbrown2
    Give them a call. :smile: :smile: :smile:
    The Eton speaker was the inspiration for Diamond Audio mobile stuff. The Diamond mid was almost the same with a few tweaks. Tweets were a bit different went to 4ohm instead of Eton's 8ohm. Diamond still uses the technology but doesn't offer the "7"" Hexacone, it's only available for the 6.5" and down. Diamond has a new "7" with different technolgoy, but they are pricey and I have yet to hear them.
    I really like the diamond stuff; had a Diamond 12 in the Eliminator and had real good sound for the low power we were throwing at it at......I am upgrading the sub/power in the BU at the end of the season, and I am contemplating going with Diamond 15 D9 or the JL W7 13.6....your thoughts?

riverbound
    I call it a success when I am seeing the Speakers in Lavey's, DCB's, Eliminator's, Cobra's and a couple of other boats I have come across....I am not comparing A&E's to Transonic as I can see A&E has varying service levels depending on the location...
    Thanks for the info...
    From being in the industry as long as I have I can tell you there is NO store with a perfect rep. In fact as an industry whole A&E has one of the better reps. for customer service
    As far as succes because they are in certain boat builders boats...You forgot I was in the industry, they arent using htem becasue they are the best. There is a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes to be used as a oem supplier for boat builders. Why do you think Eliminator used to get so pissed off when we would go pick a boat up from them in the rigging process??? (no kickback from the stereo shop) :smile:

ROZ
    I am contemplating going with Diamond 15 D9 or the JL W7 13.6....your thoughts?
    Pick the lighter one

riverbound
    MBrown...Im just bored and playing Devils advocate today. The speakers are fine. Far from being great or the best. but for the money they are a pretty decent speaker.
    Just trying to pass the time today

riverbound
    Pick the lighter one
    That is definitely the line of a salesman at the end of the day

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast