Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spark plug help

USMC1812
    I want to replace plugs before the summer. I pulled a plug, it reads NGK, 7V-Power, then just above the threads it is stamped R5673-7. The guy at Napa says that he can't get these, so before I go and buy the wrong plugs does anyone have any suggestions. These are going into a Chevy 502.
    Thanks,
    Doug

Fiat48
    Spark plug you have is a V power NGK racing plug. 14mm x .460" 5/8 taper seat plug. For interchange go here:http://www.clubplug.net/acdelco_ngk.html.
    The numbers are still good. I checked Jegs and Summit and they don't show them. If you want, you might contact Loper's Performance in Phoenix, AZ. I'm sure they have them.

USMC1812
    Would you recommend sticking with that brand and type?
    [ March 06, 2003, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: USMC1812 ]

Fiat48
    I like NGK becasue they are easier to tune with. As far as being a superior spark plug, I doubt it. But I am sure they are good as any. If you are jetting and tuning, then NGK. Otherwise just cross it to an easier to get spark plug. The #7 is the heat range, which is fine for your application.

Jordy
    Before you start calling Doper's and special ordering plugs that are $5 a piece (just a guess) what exactly are you running them in? I know you have a 502, but is it the 400 horsepower model, the 502 horsepower, or is it hopped up with a blower/intercooler on methanol making 1400 hp? The reason I ask all this is to determine if you really need some high dollar plug or if a set of Delcos or Champions would get the same thing done for you.

USMC1812
    Jordan,
    According to this web site; High Output Engine Assembly 502 CI (8.2L) The engine came stock with about 440 hp, Right now it has a 670 lift cam, ported and polished heads, roller rockers, etc, so I am not sure where it would be horse power wise. Ty at TPC is building a set of 650's for me that will go on a Weiand tunnel ram. What do you think as far as the plugs?
    Thanks for the help!,
    Doug

Jordy
    I'd find a set of Delcos or Champions in the same heat range and save your money, not to mention the hassle of having to hunt plugs down and having them shipped from across the country. But that's just my thoughts on the deal.

GofastRacer
    A word of caution: If you buy anything from Loper's, make sure you get the right stuff, because if you have to send it back, those mfkrs will charge you 15% restocking fee. Ripoff bastards!!..

GofastRacer
    BTW, Autolite's = AR135, Champion's = V63C..

Jordy
    GofastRacer:
    A word of caution: If you buy anything from Loper's, make sure you get the right stuff, because if you have to send it back, those mfkrs will charge you 15% restocking fee. Ripoff bastards!!.. I go out of my way to not have to deal with Doper's.
    I'm running Delco MR43T plugs in my boat and have had good luck with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast