Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fosgate vs JL

Outnumbered
    I have an unknown model Fosgate that keeps shutting down. I think its from heat because it is in a poorly ventilated area. Could also be possible that it is low voltage. I have a JL 500/1 in the same mounting area that has never shut down. I was thinking of taking out the Fosgate and replacing it with a JL 450/4. Does this sound like a good idea or should I keep the Fosgate and get a fan? The Fosgate is running 4 JL 6.5s on the rear and 2 Infinity Kappa 6x9s on the fronts.
    Here are pics of the Fosgate. Does anyone know what model it is?
    Thanks
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...73P8080070.JPG http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...73P8080069.JPG

Outnumbered
    This thread is going over on the Sand Bar FYI.

BoatFloating
    JL over Rockford Hotplates any day......

riverbound
    Fosgate over JL any day

rivercrazy
    IMHO - JL is a much better amp than RF. Fosgate hasn't been the same in about 10 years. And they all run hotter than july. Everyone I know that runs them at the river fights thermal shutdown. But that is OK if you like to cook bacon for a BLT lunch!

riverbound
    IMHO - JL is a much better amp than RF. Fosgate hasn't been the same in about 10 years. And they all run hotter than july. Everyone I know that runs them at the river fights thermal shutdown. But that is OK if you like to cook bacon for a BLT lunch!
    hmmmm. you must not know anyone that runs a Force cat?? All of them are running the NEW powere series amps that have internal fans. Been running these amps for 2 years now in all of the boats and not one has shut down yet due to heat :idea:
    And prior to that we ran the "hotplates" and still had very little problems with thermal shut down.

rivercrazy
    What does a force cat have to do with Rockford Fosgate?
    I had at lots of friends /boating bro's run Fosgates and the majority of them have problems with thermal shutdown due to heat. Many of them ditched Fosgates for other brands with the exact same speaker/power wiring/ohm loads and their problems went away completely. Some of the brands that replaced Fosgate were PG, JL, JBL.
    Just my .02 cents based on my own personal experience.
    But GO TEAM RF!!!!!!!!

BoatFloating
    hmmmm. you must not know anyone that runs a Force cat?? All of them are running the NEW powere series amps that have internal fans. Been running these amps for 2 years now in all of the boats and not one has shut down yet due to heat :idea:
    And prior to that we ran the "hotplates" and still had very little problems with thermal shut down.
    Man do those RF's come with free crack?????? You ask 10 people and 8 of them that had RF's say they suck ass. I've never had my JL's shut down due to heat and that's in 126 degree heat and 3/4 volume. But maybe because it's in a 29' Carrera but hell the Force is the same bottom so there you go. RF's are good for one thing Bacon and French Toast...... :sleeping:

riverbound
    Man do those RF's come with free crack?????? You ask 10 people and 8 of them that had RF's say they suck ass. I've never had my JL's shut down due to heat and that's in 126 degree heat and 3/4 volume. But maybe because it's in a 29' Carrera but hell the Force is the same bottom so there you go. RF's are good for one thing Bacon and French Toast...... :sleeping:
    You find me 1 person who has had the Power series amps that are currently being used that has shut down due to heat and I will retract my statement. Crack????.....hell no but with over 10 years in the audio industry I might have learned a thing or two.

rivercrazy
    Selling RF stuff! GO TEAM RF!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast