Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fosgate vs JL

riverbound
    Selling RF stuff! GO TEAM RF!!!!!!!
    Not selling....now Ijust buy it :wink:

1stepcloser
    I have pesonal experience with hotplates.....
    I have run them off and on since the 80's. (back when they were great equipment.) and will agree that they get pretty damn hot, more so than any other brand I have had experience with.
    My current 4 channel used to shut off within 15 minutes of high volume listening. I tried a couple of different mounting locations with no luck.
    after the I did the last update two years ago, I have had zero problems with heat.
    They need some type of air movement across them. I am using a pair of 3 inch brushless fans on the 4 channel in an enclosed rack, and can now play till the batteries run down.
    MAybe I need to switch to 6 volt batteries to add more playing time?

1stepcloser
    You find me 1 person who has had the Power series amps that are currently being used that has shut down due to heat and I will retract my statement.
    Me. :supp:
    I run a Power 400.4 and a Power BD1100.1
    The 400.4 as I said in the previous post, would run for about 15 minutes in the heat before thermal shutdown would happen.

mbrown2
    You find me 1 person who has had the Power series amps that are currently being used that has shut down due to heat and I will retract my statement.
    I have two 800.4 Power amps and a 1500.1BD Power Amp...the 1500.1 shuts down due to Thermal when it is hot out....I leave the hatch up it helps..., but they have external fans..
    I have a 600.1 PG in another boat, in a an enclosed area with only internal fans, and it does not shutdown.
    Good sounding amps but they do not have the cooling properties of some of the better amps out there..

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    I have run both RF and JL. I would reccomend JL. What everyone else said, the RF are quick to shut down, and that was in my truck! Great amp, sounds good, but will shut down

syke-o
    The 400.4 as I said in the previous post, would run for about 15 minutes in the heat before thermal shutdown would happen.
    i also run a couple fans to keep a little air moving and have no probs....

riverbound
    What color are the amps...those model #'s are for the older waffle iron amps. The NEW power series amps are smooth and a really dark charcoal color and the model # starts with a T.

riverbound
    i also run a couple fans to keep a little air moving and have no probs....
    Whoever did the install must have done it right

Outnumbered
    Thanks for the input. So will I be disappointed with the SQ if I go from the RF 801x to the JL 450/4 or E6450? They both seem to put out less power than the RF. Or are they rated more conservative than the RF.

Outnumbered
    You find me 1 person who has had the Power series amps that are currently being used that has shut down due to heat and I will retract my statement. Crack????.....hell no but with over 10 years in the audio industry I might have learned a thing or two.
    Riverbound, I don't have a Power Series so what would you do if you had the RF 801? Replace it with a JL or a RF power series?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast