Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fosgate vs JL

rivercrazy
    You won't hear any difference in sound quality among different brands of amps (assuming they are of equal power). A watt is a watt. Go with the most dependable amp and the lowest price you can find that suits you needs. Top dollar spent on 12V audio gear doesn't always produce the results you would expect or be satisfied with!

riverbound
    Thanks for the input. So will I be disappointed with the SQ if I go from the RF 801x to the JL 450/4 or E6450? They both seem to put out less power than the RF. Or are they rated more conservative than the RF.
    Honestly as far as sound quality goes....You will not noitce the difference (especially in a boat) but the more power you put to your speakers the better they will sound.

riverbound
    You won't hear any difference in sound quality among different brands of amps (assuming they are of equal power). A watt is a watt. Go with the most dependable amp and the lowest price you can find that suits you needs. Top dollar spent on 12V audio gear doesn't always produce the results you would expect or be satisfied with!
    That isnt entirely true. you can not compare the sound quality of a Sony amp to the sound of a JL.. you would definitley notice the difference. Also "a watt is a watt" ?? the wattage has pretty much nothing to do with sound quality.

Outnumbered
    Well my main concern is that both JL's rated power output at my ohm load is lower than what the RF 801 is. So will It not be as loud and clear?

rivercrazy
    That isnt entirely true. you can not compare the sound quality of a Sony amp to the sound of a JL.. you would definitley notice the difference. Also "a watt is a watt" ?? the wattage has pretty much nothing to do with sound quality.
    If you compare a Sony of equal wattage to the JL and you defeat all of the sound processing features (which color sound anyway and should be defeated), you will not be able to tell the difference in sound quality. That is a fact. A speaker cannot tell the difference between a Sony watt and a JL watt. They are the same!

riverbound
    If you compare a Sony of equal wattage to the JL and you defeat all of the sound processing features (which color sound anyway and should be defeated), you will not be able to tell the difference in sound quality. That is a fact. A speaker cannot tell the difference between a Sony watt and a JL watt. They are the same!
    THD is factor also. and noone runs there systems completely flat. wattage is a measure of power. sound quality is affected by Distortion leves (THD)

Outnumbered
    Than I should have bought the Kraco 1000 . I think the THD has a lot to do with it. Clean watts are good watts. Anyway, back to my question above.
    Will the JL 450/4 or E6450 be as loud and clear as the RF 801?

riverbound
    Than I should have bought the Kraco 1000 . I think the THD has a lot to do with it. Clean watts are good watts. Anyway, back to my question above.
    Will the JL 450/4 or E6450 be as loud and clear as the RF 801?
    the 450/4 should be close. But if you are looking for just raw power you cant go wrong with the Rockford. the E6450 series is there entry level series and really arent built that well.

rivercrazy
    THD is factor also. and noone runs there systems completely flat. wattage is a measure of power. sound quality is affected by Distortion leves (THD)
    THD is a meaningless measurement in car audio. The human ear cannot detect THD ratings of just about every amp manufacturer out there. Like I said, if you take brand A and compare it to brand B of equal power, you won't be able to tell the difference in SQ.
    Or maybe you should contact Richard Clark and sign up for his amp challenge.

ROZ
    What RC is saying is that 1 clean watt is 1 clean watt no matter what amp it comes from... The rest is all features add on modules, etc...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast