Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smooth water close to the DFW area???

Cliff98z
    I have a 19 foot Lib and the boat is really only fun in the smooth water. I like the Brazos but I'm getting board with the same place every weekend. What are some other smooth water spots?

oldbuck40
    I have a 19 foot Lib and the boat is really only fun in the smooth water. I like the Brazos but I'm getting board with the same place every weekend. What are some other smooth water spots?you ever go south of the kimball bend bridge towards lakeside village and turn left towards white bluff?

Rocket2003
    How far would you like to travel? :supp: OUt here in East Texas we have several Hot places to play!!!!!!! :eat:
    Lake Tyler
    Lake Palistine
    Lake of the Pines
    And for a really great time,,, Head up to Broken bow OK (about 3 hours from you),,, and find you a cove! On big weekends like Laor day, 4th July and Memorial,,,,,,,, There are a couple of dozen hot boats that like to ride the smooth water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliff98z
    you ever go south of the kimball bend bridge towards lakeside village and turn left towards white bluff?
    You mean towards lake Whitney? I always put in at the bridge.

oldbuck40
    You mean towards lake Whitney? I always put in at the bridge.yea i didnt know if you have ever gone down towards the lake or not,,you would be surprised at how many people dont know the lake is down there!

Cliff98z
    yea i didnt know if you have ever gone down towards the lake or not,,you would be surprised at how many people dont know the lake is down there!
    Is there any nice beach spots towards the lake? I had to run down to the lake the weekend before last and get gas at that crappy marina.

Cliff98z
    How far would you like to travel? :supp: OUt here in East Texas we have several Hot places to play!!!!!!! :eat:
    Lake Tyler
    Lake Palistine
    Lake of the Pines
    Are these smooth even if its windy? Thats one good thing about the river its always smooth no matter what the wind is doing.

oldbuck40
    Is there any nice beach spots towards the lake? I had to run down to the lake the weekend before last and get gas at that crappy marina.haha you went to Lakeview! i know what your talking about! just keep going south and the river will start turning to the left (east) and when you start to see the big white cliffs called White Bluff look to your right there is a long beach,,,look at some of the post about the brazos or where i said a big thank you,,, and you'll see the place we went to....

Cliff98z
    haha you went to Lakeview! i know what your talking about! just keep going south and the river will start turning to the left (east) and when you start to see the big white cliffs called White Bluff look to your right there is a long beach,,,look at some of the post about the brazos or where i said a big thank you,,, and you'll see the place we went to....
    Cool, I'll check that spot out this weekend. Next time all you guys go I'll try and make it. Damn mechanical gremlins held me back last weekend.

oldbuck40
    Cool, I'll check that spot out this weekend. Next time all you guys go I'll try and make it. Damn mechanical gremlins held me back last weekend.yea theres been alot of that going around,,we had 3 guys this past weekend that lost their engine's :frown:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast