Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun with the sheriff (noise law)

infotraker
    Went to Eagle lake Ca for a week, took the Sanger Pickle as usual. 2nd day the boat sheriff pulled up to the beach and said he had to test the boat for noise. We've been going to the same camp since 72 and never a problem with the old Schiada or the last 4 years with the hydro. The next day he came back to do the test. We read the regs and he choose 90 DB at 50 feet out in the lake passing by the back of his boat. I made 4 passes at diff. speeds. Passed the test at 84 and 87 db !!! Running a 468 BBC , bassett twisties and insert mufflers. After that I took him for a ride !!
    Picture of my brother watching the sheriff's boat while I take him for a ride. When we left for the ride he was holding the boat from the lake.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...24/450gary.jpg
    The sheriff riding with me after the test
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...riffinboat.jpg

LAFD
    Thats Cool At Least He Wasnt A Di*k.

Brooski
    Thats cool. Showed LE that you can abide by the law and still have a good time in a hot boat. Sounds like you made an alli.
    So did he say he is going to buy one now?

JustMVG
    so how'd he like the ride?
    And thats too cool of the guy to take you up on the ride.

NoGoSlo
    I was there in early August. Had the same experience. In years past we have had a real stickler Sheriff, but they seem to be more mellow now.

jackpunx
    thats an awesome story..

abraman1326
    What a killer story. Love how he took you up on the ride after you passed. Wonder if you could have gotten him in if you hadn't passed. That is just too cool though. Wish more LE would learn from this guy...
    BRA

jackpunx
    there are some LE .. well.. Lifeguards at Castiac pulling people with kids over...
    when they see that they are wearing lifejackets.. they give them cirtificates for slurpies .. very cool..

ELIMINAT THIS
    That is very cool. I need to know if he crapped his pants when you put the hammer down?

infotraker
    I gave the sheriff a gentle ride as the lake was getting rough and at the altitue off 5500 ft the 468 ran a little ragged. I rejet for the trip , the boat losses a lot of power anyway and I baby it on the trip. He did get a good ride though and stopped by to see us every day there after. He wrote up a ticket paper showing it passed. I hope the paper works for any other stop I may get elsewhere. See some of you hopefully Labor Day at the delta (Knights landing). Any body getting checked there for noise ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast