Thread: Jet pump rebuild question

HotDogz
    I have a Berk 12JC-B with about 65 hours on it. Am doing some bilge glass work and figured it would be a good time to send some items off to the powdercoaters and move to an "A" impeller. Pulled the intake and pump out and removed the bowl to send in. My question is, can I order an impeller that is already matched to a wear ring and install em myself? Or is this going to have to go to a shop to be done correctly?
    Also, when I drained the bowl of gear oil, the gear oil was contaminated with water????? Is there something else I should be doing or looking for? I always check to make sure it is topped off before each trip. Never took much oil, probably because of taking in water. Any wisdom you folks can pass on would be appreciated.

poncho-pwr
    As far as the new impeller and wear ring go, yes, you can order a new impeller and Ultimate wear ring from Hi-Tech Performance in Kansas and put it in yourself with no fuss at all. I just bought a pump that Hi-Tech recently rebuilt and this is the first time I have seen the Ultimate wear ring set up that he makes and I like it! It sounds like you might need a new bowl seal while you're at it if you are getting water mixed in with the oil. I mostly have Dominator pumps and they don't have oil in the bowl but I think it should be a simple fix.

I sent Duane at HTP my shaft and impeller so he could do work on them, he sent me it all back with the wear ring to match (and the rest of the kit).

RICHARD TILL
    if the impeller you`re taking out is a "B" cut and in good condition, wanna sell it? if so, how much?

HotDogz
    thanx guys, I am going to have look into both possibilities.

RICHARD TILL
    HotDogz, you have mail.