Thread: Lake Mohave

xs ultra
    Was at Mohave couple of weeks ago. Katherines landing was packed.1 hour to get the boat out on saturday,40min.on sunday.I never been to Cottonwood
    Is it better to drive up to Cottonwood to launch from or is it the same. ?
    I'm going back in two weeks should I try Cottonwood?

Cole
    Was at Mohave couple of weeks ago. Katherines landing was packed.1 hour to get the boat out on saturday,40min.on sunday.I never been to Cottonwood
    I go to telephone cove, it is a lot shorter of a wait, be careful of the launch ramp it is long and flat, A lifted truck is ideal.

voodoomedman
    Depends. You have a few options there. Launch by 7:30 at the latest and pull out by 1:30 at the latest and you should be be okay and not have a wait at Katherine. If you don't mind doing the drive everyday then Cottonwood is awesome. Also you can launch in Telephone Cove or Princess Cove. Telephone Cove if your boat is smaller cuz it's a dirt ramp and it can be a zoo over there. Princess Cove is a cement ramp but a little steep. The big problem is that you have to tow over a dirt road for a couple miles to get there but for both you turn right just a bit past the guard house at Katherine and the signs tell you where to go.

jayd_jr
    I launched at katherines last time out and had the same problem..... Here is what i do know. Stay in Laughlin.... get a slip at cottonwood cove... Drive the 40 min into CC from Laughlin with out the boat. LESS STRESS!!!! and the ramp is never packed at cottonwood

xs ultra
    I been to Telephone cove with a 18ft boat Now I have a 21ft ,I don't think I could launch with out a problem. So the drive from laughlin to cotton wood is about 40 mins?

voodoomedman
    I been to Telephone cove with a 18ft boat Now I have a 21ft ,I don't think I could launch with out a problem. So the drive from laughlin to cotton wood is about 40 mins?
    Probably a little longer towing. If you don't mind going over the dirt road then you might want to go to princess Cove to avoid the drive to Cottonwood.

jayd_jr
    It is an easy drive... Its a four lane highway as you leave Laughlin you are traveling up the grade as you leave. Then down to 95 and turn right. Two lane highway from there into searchlight. Turn right at cottonwood street and its like 15 min from there. Easy drive for sure. If you have kids make the run and stop at Mc Ds in searchlioght they will be done eating by the time you hit Cottonwood. OH YA you DONT HAVE TO PAY!!!!!!!!! to launch at cottonwood. Use it for the slip!

Mohave Vice
    Cottonwood is a dream come true compared to K/L. Good luck on a slip .......I had trouble (no luck) the last couple of times.