Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yardhouse?

wantacat
    Taking the boat out to the yardhouse for the first time. Were can I launch that is closest to the yardhouse? Off 2nd? Or is there somewere closer? What should I clean my boat with after I take it out of the salt water?

KACHINA KEN
    Taking the boat out to the yardhouse for the first time. Were can I launch that is closest to the yardhouse? Off 2nd? Or is there somewere closer? What should I clean my boat with after I take it out of the salt water?
    scopeinfo.com can help you out if no one else helps ya here, i honestly dont know.

Riverkid
    There is a public launch ramp across from the Yard House/Shoreline Village on the Queen Mary side. It's a nice ramp with flush facilities. Get some Salt Away or other type mix from West Marine and use it when you flush the motor. Don't forget about washing your trailer down really well, especially the brakes.
    Lots of folks dump their rigs in a freshwater lake after an ocean run to ensure all the salt is washed away.
    PS- The Yardhouse has slips available behind the place. They normally have someone like Sal there on the weekends to help you dock there. There is a fee. Enjoy.

wantacat
    There is a public launch ramp across from the Yard House/Shoreline Village on the Queen Mary side. It's a nice ramp with flush facilities. Get some Salt Away or other type mix from West Marine and use it when you flush the motor. Don't forget about washing your trailer down really well, especially the brakes.
    Lots of folks dump their rigs in a freshwater lake after an ocean run to ensure all the salt is washed away.
    PS- The Yardhouse has slips available behind the place. They normally have someone like Sal there on the weekends to help you dock there. There is a fee. Enjoy.
    Do you know how to get to the launch ramp? Do I take the 710 and go towards queen mary?

Quality Time
    Why not launch at Newport or Dana Point and enjoy a boat ride up the coast? Why no-wake it to the Yardhouse form the nearest ramp?

jdogginla
    There is a nicer launch ramp on Second St across from the albertsons that isn't nearly as crowded. It also has a wash down area.

jdogginla
    Why not launch at Newport or Dana Point and enjoy a boat ride up the coast? Why no-wake it to the Yardhouse form the nearest ramp?
    True dat :rollside:

dicudmore
    There is a nicer launch ramp on Second St across from the albertsons that isn't nearly as crowded. It also has a wash down area.
    that'd be Davies...
    6201 E 2nd st
    launched there numerous times

Riverkid
    Do you know how to get to the launch ramp? Do I take the 710 and go towards queen mary?
    710 S towards the harbor. Take the ramp for the QM side exit (don't go downtown). Exit is I believe the second offramp. Turn L at bottom of the ramp, go under the fwy and through the stop sign. Go around the West Coast Hotel and make the turn R into the ramp area. Sorry, I was down there for a week for the Catalina race but I don't know all the exits...
    PS - all the rain runoff has the LA River channel there VERY shallow. Watch the tide and your drive going across to the YH or you will be very pissy!

Big Warlock
    What kind of boat? If it's a dinghy, then yea, launch close by. If you have an Outerlimits, the Dunes or Dana Point would make a worthy run.
    I wonder how much fuel is going for at the fuel docks in Newport?? :idea:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast