Thread: Block Wall and Cement - Who does it?

JetBoatRich
    Looking to have a block wall built, approximately 109' long by 6' high and 1,650' of concrete poured.
    Thanks

life's a river
    6" block is around $60 to $70 per foot and 8" is in the $80 range. If you want split face block, even more $. A load of concrete is about $1000 dollars these days and going up every other week it seems. Call a local concrete plant to get confirmed dollar amounts.
    Sounds like an expensive wall. Good luck.
    LAR

JetBoatRich
    6" block is around $60 to $70 per foot and 8" is in the $80 range. If you want split face block, even more $. A load of concrete is about $1000 dollars these days and going up every other week it seems. Call a local concrete plant to get confirmed dollar amounts.
    Sounds like an expensive wall. Good luck.
    LAR
    Had a quote last night for the wall @ $48 per foot from my Daughters Boyfriend's Dad and about 5 Grand for the concrete :idea:

NashvilleBound
    Sounds cheap to me...just make sure they know what the hell they are doing. Lots can go wrong....I've seen everything. And get a set of specs from your local city for the wall so it gets built right. Most cities need permits for anything over 3' retaining and 6' freestanding. Sorry i dont know anyone in your neighborhood.....

JetBoatRich
    Sounds cheap to me...just make sure they know what the hell they are doing. Lots can go wrong....I've seen everything. And get a set of specs from your local city for the wall so it gets built right. Most cities need permits for anything over 3' retaining and 6' freestanding. Sorry i dont know anyone in your neighborhood.....
    We are averaging around $51 per foot right now thanks anyways for the help

Edmond
    $50 a foot! I wish, I had 4 people quote me for my wall and they were all between 80-85ft! If I could find someone for $50 I would do it! These quotes were based on 6ft high and 125ft length.

72 Hondo
    Check your PM´s

JetBoatRich
    $50 a foot! I wish, I had 4 people quote me for my wall and they were all between 80-85ft! If I could find someone for $50 I would do it! These quotes were based on 6ft high and 125ft length.
    Thanks for all the input, the Wall will be up sometime this month when we decide on a builder

JetBoatRich
    Check your PM´s
    Thanks Gary