Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbs and TPCracing - Attn Carb Owners

I'll be the first to thank and the first to flame a vendor because I believe that "WE ARE THE CUSTOMER" regardless of what some vendors may perceive.
    I purchased a new carb from www.TPCracing.com a few weeks ago and received it late last week. This weekend I installed it and took the boat to the lake. What a difference, what a phenomenal difference in performance and I thought the boat was running great before. Hat's off to work and support that TY offered on this sale.
    Rest assured that I would once again utilize his services.
    Highly recommended! Again Ty, great work and thanks!

Hotcrusader76
    propless:
    I'll be the first to thank and the first to flame a vendor because I believe that "WE ARE THE CUSTOMER" regardless of what some vendors may perceive.
    I purchased a new carb from www.TPCracing.com a few weeks ago and received it late last week. This weekend I installed it and took the boat to the lake. What a difference, what a phenomenal difference in performance and I thought the boat was running great before. Hat's off to work and support that TY offered on this sale.
    Highly recommended! Again Ty, great work and thanks!Thanks George! Anytime...
    [ August 21, 2002, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Hotcrusader76
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Hotcrusader76:
    [qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by propless:
    [qb]I'll be the first to thank and the first to flame a vendor because I believe that "WE ARE THE CUSTOMER" regardless of what some vendors may perceive.
    [ August 26, 2002, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Hey I give 2 thumbs up to Ty and his team for really living up to thier name. With a post like that from propless I think I want a custom carb from you guys. I dont need anything too fancy or billet just yet. I have a holley 750cfm with vac secondaries.
    My motor is
    454 chevy @.30 over,fully balanced
    Torker2 intake-ported and polished
    9.5.1 comp
    Large oval port,closed chambered,1.88 and 2.18 valves,ported
    hydraulic cam 235@50,575 lift,110 lobe sep
    msd 6al box,hei ignition
    open basset headers
    berkely jet
    let me know what type of carb I should use.
    396_out!

Hotcrusader76
    396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
    Hey I give 2 thumbs up to Ty and his team for really living up to thier name. With a post like that from propless I think I want a custom carb from you guys. I dont need anything too fancy or billet just yet. I have a holley 750cfm with vac secondaries.
    My motor is
    454 chevy @.30 over,fully balanced
    Torker2 intake-ported and polished
    9.5.1 comp
    Large oval port,closed chambered,1.88 and 2.18 valves,ported
    hydraulic cam 235@50,575 lift,110 lobe sep
    msd 6al box,hei ignition
    open basset headers
    berkely jet
    let me know what type of carb I should use.
    396_out!Well your best bet is to log onto my website and fill out the form completely with contact numbers and all.
    Dependant on what you want, that carb you have now would work for you. But if you want a jump in performance the mechanical secondary carbs will probably give you a little more freedom on tuning. If the carb you have now is a 3310 model Holley 750 VS then your probably lacking in performance already. Reason is that your boosters are for low-end torque (Designed for truck carbs for Ford/Chevy). By going to a 4150 Vacuum secondary 780cfm carb or even the Classic 750 Double pumper you gain the popular "down-leg" boosters which provide you a better signal to start with.
    When your interested shoot me an email and a phone number and I will contact you. I am most reachable in the afternoons after 3PM Pacific time, otherwise leave a message. I return calls within 24 hours on the average.
    -Ty
    tdlofstrom@tpcracing.com

Hotcrusader76
    propless:
    Highly recommended! Again Ty, great work and thanks!I am going to call you this afternoon. I got your message last night. Thanks

Heatseeker
    Ty is one helluva guy. He spent almost two hours on the phone with me, helping me iron out some problems with my 850's. Did I mention that I didn't even buy them from him? The next time I need a carb(s) or carb work done, you can be sure who I'll call!!!
    First class guy!!! I'd recommend him to anyone that needs carbs/carb work.

sdmarkus
    Yes Indeed!
    My rebuilt 750cfm with vacuum secondaries is a thing of beauty. Ty has provided incredible customer service and insight into my boat. He has gone the extra mile to help me get it fully dialed in. Now if only the rest of my boat would cooperate! You rock man, thanks Ty.
    Mark

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Cool I appreciate the help ty. I will slap that carb on my new boat(mild 455 olds) for now.
    As far as the other motor(454) I have another carb. Could you modify it to meet my motors demands? I dont know the size of it but I have the numbers(6r4237b). Its an older holley double pumper and it only has one fuel feed. It has a metal tube from one bowl to the other.It looks similar to the one in the pic below. let me know what you can do. Thanks,Michael
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats&image=holley.JPG&img=&tt=/img[/img]

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    One more thing my carb is longer than the one above in the pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast