Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I came home with a broken windshield...

Throttle
    anyone that can help me out???

Essex29
    I can get you deal, but it's up in Thousand Oaks

wildbillg
    Hell in Arizona you just call the insurance company and they send someone out the next day or so and replace it for freeeeee....

Miss Perfect
    Ahhh.. that's a bummer!

Forkin' Crazy
    Oh, I thought you might have had a crack. I would post a pic, but Hot Boat admin would surely kick me off again. :yuk:
    I had a crack (http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/i...showtopic=4724) in mine one time. :rollside:

ULTRA28
    Hell in Arizona you just call the insurance company and they send someone out the next day or so and replace it for freeeeee....
    Same in California, at least my insurance does. They say it doesn't affect your premiums either. Call your local windshield place, they will usually handle the whole thing for you. You don't even have to call your insurance.

Norseman
    Same in California, at least my insurance does. They say it doesn't affect your premiums either. Call your local windshield place, they will usually handle the whole thing for you. You don't even have to call your insurance.
    They told me that it would not affect my premiums either, just had a windshield put into Joan's car in April
    When I spoke to the agent about changing insurance companies, from Allstate to something else, he mentioned that I had a claim in, No accidents, no claims right..... Wrong the windshield is a claim and affects the rate!!!!! Fockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammerhea
    FYI I'm in NY
    Bob

SDLifesaver
    We just went through this also. There is a "glass replacement" option on your policy and depending on your insurance carrier and the plan you have will depend on what you have to pay. It is usually a cost for OEM glass vs. after market glass. It is a very easy situation compared to most concerning insurance claims.

socaldj1
    I had a windshield put in with allstate and they did not treat it like a claim. They fix chips for free and replace the windshield for $100.

caroftheweek
    i have a guy in costa mesa who will come to your house and do it there for a very nomimal fee (like $20) plus the cost of the windshield. what needs the windshileld (year make model)? let me know and i will get a price from him. where abouts in the OC do you live?
    Ryan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast