Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new roller lifter design

Infomaniac
    Hate those double posts.
    [ May 17, 2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

HBjet
    Infomaniac:
    Hate those double posts. especially when your first was at 12:40pm and the double was at 9:55pm. That's one slow internet connection pal!
    Hey, what do you guys think about Comp Mech. Roller lifters and Pro Magnum Roller Rockers?
    HBjet

Infomaniac
    Actually I quoted myself. Must have done that earlier. Just did not notice.
    I like comp stuff. They have new shaft rockers you know.
    [ May 17, 2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

HBjet
    Infomaniac:
    They have new shaft rockers you know. I know, want to buy me a set?
    HBjet

DogHouse
    Hbjet, I ran a Comp cam & rollers for a couple of seasons with no problems. My spring pressures were a little lower at the time, 250/675 or thereabouts. Pretty ironic because I was told that the Comp rollers are more prone to failure, yet mine never broke, and the much more expensive Iskys are more reliable, yet... well you get the picture...

24ROD
    DogHouse, How's the tear down going? Hopefully you didn't hurt the motor to bad. That's a bummer from what you said it was runnin real strong. See you out there soon.
    Carlos

LVjetboy
    Info, video works good. Cool!
    jer

DogHouse
    24ROD:
    DogHouse, How's the tear down going? Hopefully you didn't hurt the motor to bad. That's a bummer from what you said it was runnin real strong. See you out there soon.
    Carlos Howdy Carlos, not too much to report yet. I did drop off the short block at Larry's and said "fix it". My garage pass is wearing a little thin this year if you know what I mean... eek!
    Also sent the cam and lifters back today to be inspected. Hopefully I'll have some better info later this week. We'll be back, sooner or later, maybe in about a month if all goes well.
    -brian

Sandbar Mike
    Brian, I've been out of the loop lately, Sorry to here about your engine, F'n sucks. Disregard my email asking if your going to Havasu this weekend, didn't mean to twist the knife.
    Good luck on getting that thing back together.

Max_182
    Have you examined the break under magnification? I'd be interested to see if it was a progressive break (several "fronts" visible) or if it broke all at once. If the latter, I'd suspect a manufacturing problem such as over hardening. Were there any flat spots visible? Any other degradation of the ground surface? And above all, I'd be looking for signs of detonation. I've wiped out a lot of cams over the years, mostly back when I was buying the cheaper stuff. Running 800 pound springs will wear them out faster, but I was getting 50 hours at least. And I've NEVER seen one break like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast