Thread: Hallett 27 CAT

SMFRiverRat
    Any input on the boat? How it compares to other cats in the price range. Handling, Performance. Love Halletts but not sure of the track record on them building cats. Who builds the engines. Quality of the Glass, paint, etc. Any information is appreciated. Thanks

roln 20s
    SMF-
    Hallett is known for their great build quality and I would suspect (never been in one) that the cat is no different in that aspect. I personally don't think the cat is that big of a seller for them. You're right, they built their rep on Vhulls and I'm not sure their cat every caught on. It has the traditional lines of a hallet, definately an original tooling effort. I'm not a big fan of the deck/engine design on the back. But again, its a Hallett and you are going to get a good quality boat- ***boat and Powerboat are always praising their build quality, gelcoat, workmanship, etc. I love the hard wood floors with snap in carpet- super classy!
    As for then engines, they will most likely put any engine in it you like. Merc HP 500, 575 SCi, Pfaff, Teague, GT Perf, you name it and pay for it, and I'm sure you've got it.

one word ugly!

Craig
    boatnam2:
    one word ugly!I like the bow and midsection. The interior is kind of neat with the traditional; Hallet wood floor, but that stern frown

thats what im talking about craig the stern,ugly enough to chase a bulldog off of a meat truck.

WetWillie
    boatnam2:
    thats what im talking about craig the stern,ugly enough to chase a bulldog off of a meat truck.Hmmmm I thought it was a fly off a shit wagen!!
    HH wink

Cat & Mice
    A buddy of mine owns a 27 Hallett cat. He does all of the interior for Halletts so you can imagine why he bought it.
    His name is Willy Sturgis he works at Arko interior in Provo Utah.
    He will give you very honest info.
    He has modified the transom and the interior.
    I rode in the boat and I thought it road very nice. He only has a 496 in his and I think it was under powered. I looks good while its running.
    Pyle

mbrown2
    SMFRiverRat:
    Any input on the boat? How it compares to other cats in the price range. Handling, Performance. Love Halletts but not sure of the track record on them building cats. Who builds the engines. Quality of the Glass, paint, etc. Any information is appreciated. ThanksIf you have not already, check out the October 2002 issue of ***boat. They did a test on the 270 Hallett. It had Pfaff 700 motor. It ran good for its size/weight. It does seem to weigh a little more that cats of its size. Its looks a little different than the other cats, but it also looks more like a Hallett, and more than a couple of folks like the classic lines of the Hallett. Its all personal preference...try and get a test ride; you can't go wrong with the quality they put in a boat.

SMFRiverRat
    Hey thanks to all of you and your input.
    I do love the quality of the Hallett but like you say, the ass end of that thing is a bit "odd." I did read that article about the boat and that what got my interest. The article did not really pick too many faults so that why I asked. I might have to rethink my search a bit. thanks again.