Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: News on 20 story Havasu hotel???

bigkyle
    I've been trying to access the agendas/minutes from the city's website all weekend and today for some solid information. Damn thing was down over the weekend but was up today. However, the section for agendas/minutes was not available. What gives?
    If you own a trailer or park model, we all need to watch this closely and let our voices be heard. Selling the park out from underneath us, in which our original rental agreement stated would continue as a mobile home resort, makes our units worthless.
    Marroitt is seeking to change the zoning to permit the 20 stories. They'll only come if the zoning is changed. Let's work to stop it. Dusty Times is also right - these big resort hotels will only put more rental watercraft on the lake. I would think that this affects all of us ***boaters!

Partycattin
    My buddy has a place at the beachcomber and was told that the park was sold to make room for condos. He just bought the place a couple of years ago and my family was looking to make a purchase there as well. This sucks.

Magic34
    the island is getting developed, it's in the City 5yr plan, as for what I have heard, we are looking a 150 homes and 2 resort hotels, (20 stories ain't happening) unless the code is changed, commercial zoned properties are now set at 35ft high max in LHC.
    20 stories is 99.8% impossible. They might be able to do it away from the lake, but nowhere near it. I wanted to build 2-3 towers there and have a marina in between them with slips, etc. catering to people like us, but after about a day of researching, too much of a pain in the a$$. 7 stories is max in Havasu.
    From what I understand, those new condos in the channel on the mainland side, was nearly a 13 year project with all the red tape.

Magic34
    the island is getting developed, it's in the City 5yr plan, as for what I have heard, we are looking a 150 homes and 2 resort hotels, (20 stories ain't happening) unless the code is changed, commercial zoned properties are now set at 35ft high max in LHC.
    It's all leased land, how are they going to change that, or are they going to build homes on leased land? There is no way they could make this happen in my opinion.

riverroyal
    theres gonna be a area like the keys?!...with private marina/docks on the properties

bigkyle
    It's all leased land, how are they going to change that, or are they going to build homes on leased land? There is no way they could make this happen in my opinion.
    The mobile home section at the Beachcomber is owned in fee by Jim Santiago (owner of the resort). This makes it possible to build some permanent structures. This portion of the property does not reach the water though. No doubt it will take years to make something happen. The other areas of the park (Park model/RV section) are leased BLM land, which typically will not allow permanent structures to be built. I believe the current 25 year lease runs through 2014 and there is an additional 25 year option.
    Details are still sketchy and we're all looking for information.

woody56
    Hey, I live here. I would like too see something happen out on the island, but nothing like that. You would think the weekends are busy now, wait until the hotel is done.

Magic34
    theres gonna be a area like the keys?!...with private marina/docks on the properties
    Any development below 450' elevation is a major pain in the a$$, tons of red tape. The lake at the fullest point is 449.5'. Whatever has been heard may be a dream with a very hard reality if they expect to do it.

Magic34
    Hey, I live here. I would like too see something happen out on the island, but nothing like that. You would think the weekends are busy now, wait until the hotel is done.
    This is another factor. The city has to front the cost for another bridge. There must be another bridge before a large project could start. No more used bridges on the market anymore to ship over.

beach gomer
    Does anyone have any news on this subject?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast