Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: News on 20 story Havasu hotel???

Filmwritin
    A good friend who just bought there 2 years ago is now trying to get out, listed below his purchase price. There's a number up for sale and the list is growing - all on this speculation that the park is on borrowed time. And its beginning to sound like the speculation is more of a fact.
    This is happening all over. Branson's on the strip almost sold recently, but the owner held out. The perspective buyer was a developer who wants to level the place and build homes/condos - at the expense of dozens of mobile home owners who paid inflated prices for worthless mobiles and who sit on rented turf. Another buddy just bought there last year at over $100k and he was Sh%$#ing bricks over the idea of losing it all. It still will happen - eventually.
    If it's a mobile on deeded land and near the water, it's days are likely numbered. The real estate is simply too valuable. Just look what's happened up and down Parker Strip in the last couple of years alone. Sundance - history, soon to be developed. I hear the Roadrunner property is being pursued. Sports Valley - condos. Whoever thought 1,700 square foot homes in the keys surrounded by noisy, shallow, green, duck-poop saturated canals would fetch over a million bucks!
    They say it's called progress, I guess.

Newcastle
    So since we're talking about Parker now and I want to eventually get a place down there, when's the best time to buy? I'd prefer a house or condo (so long as there's indoor boat parking) but I'd settle for a mobile. I heard they're expecting Parker RE to drop over the next 2 years so it's best to hold off. Predictions?

2Driver
    I heard that the new name for the island will be called "Isle of L.A." and the lake will be renamed "Lake Califorina" Give havasu a few more years and it'll be just like l.a., it's on it's way already, it's not called progress, it's called"developer greed" !!!!!!
    FKn exactly, but it's not a cali issue it's just getting to be a fd up mess. Lived there for 5 years, 85-90, and there are a lot of issues that created it's down slide. It's certaily not hell but it isn't going in the right direction either is it?

SummitKarl
    I heard that the new name for the island will be called "Isle of L.A." and the lake will be renamed "Lake Califorina" Give havasu a few more years and it'll be just like l.a., it's on it's way already, it's not called progress, it's called"developer greed" !!!!!!
    EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!! for making a FRICKIN LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beach gomer
    The lake will be a joke to even go out on with jet skies all over the place no room to move.No new launch ramps to launch from all the parking is full friday saturday and sunday.Seems to me to just sell and get out.Maybe California should just buy this part of Arizona.I like that name Lake California.If california takes a shit in housing lake Havasu is going to fall hard.

andy01
    What's the deal on the new bridge? Where is it going to be place?

SummitKarl
    The lake will be a joke to even go out on with jet skies all over the place no room to move.No new launch ramps to launch from all the parking is full friday saturday and sunday.Seems to me to just sell and get out.Maybe California should just buy this part of Arizona.I like that name Lake California.If california takes a shit in housing lake Havasu is going to fall hard.
    NOW THATS A GOOD JOKE!!!!!!!!
    NOT EVEN!!!!!!!!! cracks me up on this board how so many of you think your the ones that made LHC, YUP we just sit here and cry all winter for all the Taxifornians to come back in the summer----NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Snowbirds out spend you guys 3-1, and leave LHC cleaner than they found it.
    LHC is entirely diffrent economy, more like Palm Springs economy, Taxifornia could fall off the map and it will only get better here, you all seem to forget Snowbirds come from all over the U.S. and Canada, which BTW Kanooks are a very large part of LHC's economy. sorry to pull that high horse out from under you but, I am just sick of hearing what I KNOW!!!!!!!!! is B.S.

SummitKarl
    What's the deal on the new bridge? Where is it going to be place?
    it's proposed for the corner of LBR and mesquette (by the In-n-Out burger)

Magic34
    NOW THATS A GOOD JOKE!!!!!!!!
    NOT EVEN!!!!!!!!! cracks me up on this board how so many of you think your the ones that made LHC, YUP we just sit here and cry all winter for all the Taxifornians to come back in the summer----NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Snowbirds out spend you guys 3-1, and leave LHC cleaner than they found it.
    LHC is entirely diffrent economy, more like Palm Springs economy, Taxifornia could fall off the map and it will only get better here, you all seem to forget Snowbirds come from all over the U.S. and Canada, which BTW Kanooks are a very large part of LHC's economy. sorry to pull that high horse out from under you but, I am just sick of hearing what I KNOW!!!!!!!!! is B.S.
    Karl,
    I'd like to build towers there, but the city makes it so much more than a pain in the a$$.

SummitKarl
    Karl,
    I'd like to build towers there, but the city makes it so much more than a pain in the a$$.
    thats depends on WHO is doing the Design, and WHO!!!! is LHC's building dept. favorite Architect, :smile: that can get things done no one else can :wink:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast