Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: freakin' rain...

ECeptor
    ...is killing my lake time this weekend! We need it, but why can't it come monday thru friday???

Shark In The Pond
    Did you forget to pray to the lake gods ?

ECeptor
    must have...it's been raining all day today also!!!

fat rat
    i'll be glad to trade you weather..............hazy, hot (102) and humid here.

ECeptor
    I'd gladly trade you for this 66°F cloudy dizzle...

fat rat
    I'd gladly trade you for this 66°F cloudy dizzle...
    Couldn't we just find a happy medium. :mix:

Shark In The Pond
    Been raining here all day in West Tx.

Infomaniac
    We did'nt take the fast boat out today due to weather.
    But had a pretty awesome experience yesterday in the family boat.
    Saw a big storm coming about 7:30 PM and headed for the ramp. Looked like the storm was going to intercept us as soon as we got on the trailer so headed back out to the lake. Started raining so we got close to the bank and threw out the anchor. Got the tarp out and sat under it for 45 minutes or so while it thundered and lightning etc.. When it was over pulled up the anchor and it was snagged on someone's trout line. A 30 lb catfish started flopping around like crazy. Was a big hit with the kids. they had never seen a fish that big.

Seadog
    I spent Friday and Saturday at Skiatook. The big problem was every time a front would go through it would get nasty winds. Saturday wasn't too bad. Windy in the morning and then it died out for awhile. They had a Poker Run at Black Dog and I don't know if that was why they were there, but there wer several tunnel, big Bajas and other power boats. At the cliffs there was a majority party going on for Skiatook. A huge Chris Craft power boat pulled it with a red speedboat. They had three Hooter girls and a pair in bikinis that spent a couple of hours skank dancing. It was amusing, but that is a family area and really not the place for that.
    It was fabulous when I left Saturday after six, but I only got to Cleveland when it turned nasty. I was getting blasted by 50 mph winds along 64 going to Pawnee and had to keep it at 35 mph to stay on the road. Once I got past Pawnee, things got better, but I could do without that very often.

ECeptor
    We did'nt take the fast boat out today due to weather.
    But had a pretty awesome experience yesterday in the family boat.
    Saw a big storm coming about 7:30 PM and headed for the ramp. Looked like the storm was going to intercept us as soon as we got on the trailer so headed back out to the lake. Started raining so we got close to the bank and threw out the anchor. Got the tarp out and sat under it for 45 minutes or so while it thundered and lightning etc.. When it was over pulled up the anchor and it was snagged on someone's trout line. A 30 lb catfish started flopping around like crazy. Was a big hit with the kids. they had never seen a fish that big.
    Did you eat it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast