Thread: running it on the hose

SummitKarl
    is it safe to run the hose without the motor running on stock "through transom" hardin exhaust with "snails"?

LUVNLIFE
    No

With logs and snails you shouldn't have a problem. I used to run my last boat in brackish water at least a couple times per year. I would always flush the cooling system with the garden hose when I got it home. NEVER had any problem.
    I know the concern is pumping water into the cylinder through the exhaust ports. This would be an unlikely scenario with logs and snails as the exit water in the risers is not introduced into the exhaust, from the snail's water jacket, until just ahead of the outlet of the snail. I cant see any way that you could possibly backup enough water to go over the top of the snail and back into the log. Well, short of plugging the exhaust tips, that is.
    SummitKarl, why are you asking?

Squirtin Thunder
    What about the impeller ???
    This method is othorized by Berkely. Water feed line T so you have water going to the pump impeller and the engine. I don't recomend it but it is better than nothing !!!

What about the impeller ???
    Jim, he said "without the motor running"

Squirtin Thunder
    Jim, he said "without the motor running"
    I can't see too well and I am ****ing tired. These young kids are kicking my ass out here !!! But CBBB is great !!!

Yeah, looks like fun. Got any info on who owns the Eliminator Sprints in your pics? Saw a red one and a white one.

Squirtin Thunder
    Yeah, looks like fun. Got any info on who owns the Eliminator Sprints in your pics? Saw a red one and a white one.
    I will see what I can do !!!
    Headed over in a few !!!
    Sorry for the Hi-Jack !!!
    If anone wants any pics or info on a particular boat give me a call in about an hour or so !!!
    I will do what I can !!!

SummitKarl
    With logs and snails you shouldn't have a problem. I used to run my last boat in brackish water at least a couple times per year. I would always flush the cooling system with the garden hose when I got it home. NEVER had any problem.
    I know the concern is pumping water into the cylinder through the exhaust ports. This would be an unlikely scenario with logs and snails as the exit water in the risers is not introduced into the exhaust, from the snail's water jacket, until just ahead of the outlet of the snail. I cant see any way that you could possibly backup enough water to go over the top of the snail and back into the log. Well, short of plugging the exhaust tips, that is.
    SummitKarl, why are you asking?
    pluged the pump with weeds Friday(got way hot 230deg), was considering "back flushing" the water inlet, and pressure checking the motor for any possiable leaks-like head gasket
    I went though it today, all looks good, no damage done, WHEW!!!!!!! word of caution DON"T launch at windsor jets only ramp UGH!!!!!!, it was completely filled with weeds (grate- impeller)