Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What lift ???

TwinMach26DCB
    Just picked up 06 Duramax last night... Jay was a huge help in finalizing my deal... Crew Cab 4x4 --- I'm thinking 6" lift and am looking for suggestions.... Many thanks... What is the best.. my 97 z71 had a trailmaster and my 00 z71 had the Rancho.. Never had probs with EITHER, but not sure about the 3/4 ton .. The local dealers are using one from RCD I believe.. never heard of them.. I'm sure this group will come up with the RIGHT answer for me.

cc322
    RCD is a very good lift manufacture, they also come with Bilstien shocks. I think CST is to GM as what Donahoe is to Ford. Good Luck

Reaper1
    Cst

fourspeednup
    You can't go wrong with either the RCD or CST. Correct me if I'm wrong but with the lift spindles in the RCD package the front wheels will stick out a couple inches further than the rears.

Riverkid
    Whatever you do, NEVER use Superlift. I had an '01 Chevy with a 6" kit and the RHS upper A arm drop down bracket broke - TWICE! Nothing like going across 5 lanes of the 405 at 70mph with the RF 35" tire stuck into the dual shocks at a 45 degree angle, locked up.
    Took pics, wrote letters. Neither 4WP or Superlift would do a thing. 4WP said it was "Customer Abuse". Had them replace both upper drop down brackets on each side. Same F-ing thing happened 35K later. Auctioned that truck. Didn't bother fixing it.
    Those Superlift kits are dangerous!

tahitijet
    Whatever you do, NEVER use Superlift. I had an '01 Chevy with a 6" kit and the RHS upper A arm drop down bracket broke - TWICE! Nothing like going across 5 lanes of the 405 at 70mph with the RF 35" tire stuck into the dual shocks at a 45 degree angle, locked up.
    Took pics, wrote letters. Neither 4WP or Superlift would do a thing. 4WP said it was "Customer Abuse". Had them replace both upper drop down brackets on each side. Same F-ing thing happened 35K later. Auctioned that truck. Didn't bother fixing it.
    Those Superlift kits are dangerous!This is extremely common.. We are constantly rewelding the upper a-arm drops on these lifts. It's also very common for 4 wheel parts to not back up the parts the sale.
    I strongly caution agianst any lift sold by 4 wheel parts, fab-tech, rancho, super lift, etc.. I've seen just to many of them break on street driving trucks without abuse.
    As far as the lift on the duramax.. If you want the absolute best then go with cognito. RCD and CST are great lifts as well. On the cognitio kit you'll have to step up to a 7-9" kit but that extra inch really works to your advantage with tire clearance.

Riverkid
    I've heard the exact same thing. I bought a Donahoe kit for my '05 Ford and I'm loving it. I had a Fabtech kit on my last Ford ('01) and the front spring bushings died really quick. Nice hard "thunk" through the floorboards whenever the truck got dirty. Took it over to Deaver and they put a DR front kit on it which fixed it up nicely... They also fixed another 4WP F-up by putting the right sized 1/2" bolts in the shocks. Those idiots used the stock fasteners and they were beating around inside the shock heims...
    I'll never go back to 4WP again.

I have had three trucks with Pro-Comp Lifts and havent had a problem. I just had my 2006 Duramax (also bought from Jay) lifted with one a couple weeks ago and love it. I'm not the extreme 4-wheeler that alot of people might be, so the Pro-Comp has worked for me over and over again.....It is best fit for me because it maintains a nice freeway ride and the tires keep the factory tracking width. Here's a picture: (Also had the "Amp" retracting boards/steps put on and they are sweet)
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...70PC180096.JPG

cc322
    Brian did the boys in Laguna Hills do the Amp bars? if so how much did it cost you?

roln 20s
    I got my new 06 LBZ Duramax from Jay the night before Thanksgiving and had it lifted at www.superdutyheadquarters.com one week later. I went with the RCD lift. It is standard with Bilstein shocks. The wheels are 20*10" MKW on 325/60/20 Toyo A/Ts. The ride is great. I also added some Firestone Air Bags to the rear for towing. I am very happy.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...side_2-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...side_1-med.jpg
    Good luck
    Roln 20s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast