Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What lift ???

LUVNLIFE
    We went with the RCD lift, six inch. Rides great and have not had one problem.

blackcloud75
    CST 6"-8" w/35's and still fits in the garage
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...3caddy_CST.JPG

LHC30Victory
    What about 4" kits? I dont want the full 6" lift, but the standard height is lame. I'm thinking about the Cognito leveling kit with some taller tires, like 285/75/16...
    Any experience or help for this project???

Partycattin
    Theres a 6" procomp lift (used) in this weeks recycler for $150. Fits a chevy 2500 and comes with dual front shock setup.

blackcloud75
    What about 4" kits? I dont want the full 6" lift, but the standard height is lame. I'm thinking about the Cognito leveling kit with some taller tires, like 285/75/16...
    Depends on what truck you have. You may not even have to install a lift. If you have torsion bars adjust them to level the truck. You may get a little rougher ride.Then see if 285/75/16's fit. May have to trim some plastic.

tahitijet
    If this is a newer chevy you can't go wrong with the cognito leveling kit. You will be happy you invested the money and time to do it VS. just simply cranking the truck up. Cranking up the newer chevy trucks to level usually puts the ball joints at there max. The cognito kit fixes that so you don't end up going for a nasty ride. You might also want to look into there pitman/idler supports, and and pitman bracket. I'm a chevy man so I hate to admit it but these are weak links even on stock trucks and this is a worth while upgrade to increase the life of your front end parts.
    285 75 16 will fit with the leveling kit as well as most 33's
    Oh by the way we are a Cognito dealer if you need anything.

LHC30Victory
    Thanks for the info.... OOPs the truck is an 05 ccab 4x4 dmax.
    TahitiJet - how difficult is the install? I have done suspension work before but like to konw what Im getting into first....

tahitijet
    the leveling kit is a pretty simple install.. It shouldn't take more then a couple hours. Since the upper arm does not support the weigth of the vehicle there is no need to unload the torsion bars. So you basicly just unbolt the upper a-arm and bolt the new one on then crank your stock torsion bars adjusters up and install the shock extenders.
    In some cases it is required to isntall ford keys to get to full height. In this case you'll need a special clamp to unload the torsion bars to change the key. DO NOT use a c-clamp or any other type of tool.
    Now a full lift is a little differen't but can still usually be completed within a day by a shop that does them all the time or within 2 by a couple guys that don't do them often.

02HoWaRd26
    GO Cognito best lift out there for a chevyhttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12148chevy_001-med.jpg

Schiada Time
    I would recommend CST. I work for a custom truck magazine and out of everyone I have talked to at shops who install on a daily basis this is the best kit for this particular truck.
    Red Rocker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast