Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 496 MAG HO 425 HP Vs. 525 HP EFI 500 HP

MR HARLEY
    I cant beleive that boat comes with a 6.2..... that is like putting a 4 cylinder in a corvette...
    tell them to throw the 496 mag in and then its a 3K upgrade to the HO and then its 15 from there....
    tell them to stop bending you over...
    BUT I AGREE, you can not go any smaller than a 525
    your upgrade is 18k from the mag and tell them to take it or you'll leave it....
    Yup bent over with no spit, But I cant really do anything about it cause its thier cost price , no mark-up . :frown:
    but
    I did get the boat at cost instead of paying retail , so it helps out there ...

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    so let me get this straight. you have a b-cup right now and you want to go to a c-cup. thats great but you will be kicking yourself at the sandbar when you see all those beautifull d-cups! i say your paying for the surgery, just make the jump straight to the d-cups, you will save money in the long run when you dont have to go back in for another surgery! :rollside:

Kilrtoy
    Yup bent over with no spit, But I cant really do anything about it cause its thier cost price , no mark-up . :frown:
    tell them to throw the 496 in......trust me they arent losing anything....

MR HARLEY
    so let me get this straight. you have a b-cup right now and you want to go to a c-cup. thats great but you will be kicking yourself at the sandbar when you see all those beautifull d-cups! i say your paying for the surgery, just make the jump straight to the d-cups, you will save money in the long run when you dont have to go back in for another surgery! :rollside:
    I hear ya , Crystal Clear
    ~Kilrtoy~
    Your right they arent losing squat, and I will at least ask them to upgrade for me at no charge <-------(fat chance) But here's to Hopeing !!

Kilrtoy
    I hear ya , Crystal Clear
    ~Kilrtoy~
    Your right they arent losing squat, and I will at least ask them to upgrade for me at no charge <-------(fat chance) But here's to Hopeing !!
    every other boat dealer with the exception of one, when it comes to boats in that class/size COME STANDARD with a 496 mag....

Not So Fast
    Should I spend the extra 15 grand for 75 horsepower ? Or are there systems out there that I can do afterward such as a Bolt on the HO 496.
    I dont want to have the boat lug while full of people, ice chests and gas while pulling skiers , thats one of my main concerns among other things I am not aware of yet .
    What are the Pros and Cons ?
    The motor is going in is a 28' Advantage Party Cat .
    IF it is in your budget and you can get the 525, XR drive and steering for $15K, JUMP ON IT, take it from one who knows but "CHECK OUT INSURANCE $$$" as stated. OH,and dont be stupid and lie about it. JMO NSF

MR HARLEY
    IF it is in your budget and you can get the 525, XR drive and steering for $15K, JUMP ON IT, take it from one who knows but "CHECK OUT INSURANCE $$$" as stated. OH,and dont be stupid and lie about it. JMO NSF
    No worries I hate liars ...and I am def. gonna check on the insurance ...
    It was 870 a year with Allstate with a 496 Ho ...Not bad Huh ?

Dave C
    get the 496 HO and upgrade to an XR drive.
    if its is not fast enough for you, buy the Raylar kit. www.raylarengine.com
    he has two flavors to choose from

voodoomedman
    get the 496 HO and upgrade to an XR drive.
    if its is not fast enough for you, buy the Raylar kit. www.raylarengine.com
    he has two flavors to choose from
    Ummmmmmm. If I'm not mistaken then just upgrade to the XR drive and still save your money on the HO itself when going this option. You will be replacing anything that is different on the HO from the Mag anyway. And make sure to get a boatbling cover since it won't be just a standard Mag anymore.

Not So Fast
    No worries I hate liars ...and I am def. gonna check on the insurance ...
    It was 870 a year with Allstate with a 496 Ho ...Not bad Huh ?
    Too high IMO :frown: NSF

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast