Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intresting boat on ebay...

YeLLowBoaT

Forkin' Crazy
    Holly shit!!!! :skull:
    I like this part: The original owner spent A LOT of money perfecting this combination. The hull was redesigned by Mr. Arneson himself.
    I believe that... don't you? LOL!!!
    This part too LMAO! This boat also has a "shorty" Powerglide transmission. :boxed:
    Jim said knew a guy put a Arneson in a TX 19, but I don't think he knows about this one....

W.O.T
    wow thats crazy what a waste of a decent hull. that prop is way to high up. id like to see this thing in the water trying to drive.

piper
    WTF!!!

Warlockjer
    Don't laugh to hard, Ive been around Arneson drives and that thing could really work. And WOT Arneson drives are surfacing props, so it really isn't up to high.

Cas
    I don't get it! How can you guys laugh and bash something you don't know about?
    Arneson surface drives been around for many years and work really well. I've seen a few of them run, you should look into what they are all about. Arneson's hold many records and have many championships under their belts in all kinds of racing.
    Arneson Surface Drives (http://www.arneson-industries.com/)
    Here's an 18' Donzi, 120mph with a small block
    http://www.arneson-industries.com/GD.jpg

Warlockjer
    Hey Cas, good post. I met Howard Arneson about 30 years ago when he was first testing the surfacing props and drives. He is a pretty interesting guy. He lived in Tiburon in Marin County. Pretty fancy area..

Cas
    He's still around and still running his boat on the bay making his 140mph runs. I believe he still takes people out for a "ride" in his boat if you happen to be there whens he's about to run.

XFactor
    wow thats crazy what a waste of a decent hull. that prop is way to high up. id like to see this thing in the water trying to drive.
    Take a close look at the drive. It's adjustable!! That's why there's a ram on the top side, not a welded rod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast