Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a little newbie help

USMCpfc04
    Hey as of right now i will be leaving for iraq in about a week and a half, but i'm interested an buying a really hot boat, or building one. what would be some good ideas for the hull, should i go flatty? just tryin to get all the facts so when i get back i can start havin some speed intense fun

First off, take care and be safe over there. You have all our thanks for the difficult and dangerous job you're about to be doing for all of us.
    As far as the boat choice goes, that's pretty tough. Really depends on budget and taste. Do you want something small like a typical jet or v-drive or more of a cruiser? Is space and room for more than 2 a concern? Once you decide on some of the basics then it comes down to the choice of hull.

USMCpfc04
    well i'm look around 15k budget, and i defently want to do a jet. so any other tips?

Keithb87
    Shouldn't you change your name to USMCLC or something?
    I have an Avenger Hull that you can build up

USMCpfc04
    i guess usmclcpl, well i'm gonna wait and see what my dad wants to do with his condor, otherwise maybe we will try and get that a little faster.

Keithb87
    I have a feeling that after CBBB05 The Condor will be getting a few upgrades. Anyway... Did not mean to jack your thread.. I'll keep my eyes open and see what comes about.
    If I don't see you again before you ship out.. You be carefull over there and come home in one piece so I can drag you around the lake on the Air Patriot and nail you with the Jet Blast.. :rollside:
    Keith

1978 Rogers
    First off, take care and be safe over there. You have all our thanks for the difficult and dangerous job you're about to be doing for all of us.
    As far as the boat choice goes, that's pretty tough. Really depends on budget and taste. Do you want something small like a typical jet or v-drive or more of a cruiser? Is space and room for more than 2 a concern? Once you decide on some of the basics then it comes down to the choice of hull.
    Like Oldquirt said take care over there and I appreciate all that the services do for us.
    I'd go for a Rogers. I might be a little biased, but I stumbled on mine when I bought it from a friends dad. From what I've read on here, there a Kick-Ass hull.

DeputyDawg
    May God Bless you USMCpfc04, and thank you for your service! Hurry up and get back so you can build a boat.

Good luck over there ... I was there during our first visit (Desert Storm ... Jan 17, 1991 ... 2:38 a.m. my war experience began) so I know what your in for ... watch your back and take care.
    As far as a boat ... it's in your best interest to not think of your first boat as the boat you want to keep for life (IMO). You'll learn how to drive while hitting a few docks and/or rocks. I would look for a fun Jet boat ... possibly a day cruiser ... have some fun with it for a couple of years while you look for what you like while on the water. Don't go overboard on your first purchase ... get out there and see what type of boating you like and then look into getting one of those boats.
    So there you have it, my opinion for what it's worth ... good luck and have fun when you do get your boat.
    Brian

sleekvino
    thats sound advise,watch your back and get home safe
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN THE THE TRUE BATTLE TO DEFEAT E-VIL.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OF ARE TROOPS.
    Good luck over there ... I was there during our first visit (Desert Storm ... Jan 17, 1991 ... 2:38 a.m. my war experience began) so I know what your in for ... watch your back and take care.
    As far as a boat ... it's in your best interest to not think of your first boat as the boat you want to keep for life (IMO). You'll learn how to drive while hitting a few docks and/or rocks. I would look for a fun Jet boat ... possibly a day cruiser ... have some fun with it for a couple of years while you look for what you like while on the water. Don't go overboard on your first purchase ... get out there and see what type of boating you like and then look into getting one of those boats.
    So there you have it, my opinion for what it's worth ... good luck and have fun when you do get your boat.
    Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast