Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving through the channel...

Phat Matt
    On Saturday we went to the channel in the late afternoon after spending time at the sandbar. We had to move spots at the sandbar cuz the guy anchored next to us kept swinging in to close and not doing anything about it. It got annoying so before anything happened, we moved. No biggie. I had my Aunt and cousins on board and were having a good day. Anyway, we were entering the channel on the crazy horse side with a bunch of other boats. The was one boat just in front of me to the right, and one on my right. Well this guy in a cat was leaving the channel but seemed to be heading my way. I was at most in the center of the channel and this guy had nobody around him and had plenty of distance between him and the shore. He kept coming towards me like he was playing chicken so I had to put the brakes on. Then he starts yelling at me for taken up the channel. I am normally pretty cool but I yelled some choice words back. There was no reason to intentionally drive into me.
    So I guess my point is.
    What is wrong with some people? Boating is good relaxing fun. Why add the stress of being a dick?
    Matt

cdog
    You know. I've had the same experiance's going thru there lately. Havasu has a growing asshole croud. It's not what it used to be.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Your just an A-Hole!!!!!

Phat Matt
    Your just an A-Hole!!!!!

Hey! Screw you!

Southwest47
    I had a similar experience yesterday at Lake Elsinore. Mind you, this was the first time at this lake...and probably the last. Not only was a gangster convention being held, but the local crowd (non-boat owners) had no respect for my boat. I had to push away, and yell at this crowd of idiots several times to stop hanging on my anchor line and running into my boat with their stupid dinghies. They had absolutely no respect for others property. It sure did make me appreciate the crowd and atmosphere of Havasu. Oh, and one of them stole my bumper attached to my anchor line.

Creator
    I haven't done the Havi thing for a few years because of that crap. We have run into too many people that would rather start a fight than make room or just be curtiuos. Sounds like you were doing ok some people just don't get what boating is all about.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Hey! Screw you!
    See........"A-Hole!".......

Phat Matt
    See........"A-Hole!".......
    What size wrench does your drain plug use? :2purples:

Southwest47
    Ahhh...you anchored at the public launch/park. Rookie. That is one of the few free areas people can go - and it really does suck. Launch at Elsinore Marina on the North west side and there is much less "trash" over there. Also, sunday is bring your white trash and gang bangers to Elsinore day. Saturday is usually much nicer.
    I guess I am a rookie at Elsinore since it was my first time there...I wont take it personal. :smile: I tried the other ramp I think your talking about but it was closed due to flooding I think. I talked to the cops (cool) there and they told me to go across the lake to the cove, but I couldn't find it. O'well, I may give it another shot in a few weeks.

Phat Matt
    I was waiting for you to say some dick in an old Campbell cruiser...as I was at the Channel late Saturday, the first time to Havasu in a few years, and I had a few boats do that to me! I looked around and asked one guy how much of the channel he needed since I was already next to the shore...he just gave me the finger and drove on. Also had a group of boats pass me up river from the sandbar....only to all stop and basically block the river after they got in front of me and then gave me the stink eye as I negotiated their boats.
    I think many of the Sea Doo owners have moved up the boating ladder.
    Nope. Not an old Campbell. Usually I give everyone a nod or a wave as I drive by. This guy only deserved a finger, but only got a little verbal abuse. :supp:

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast