Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your advise, Help?

Da-Bull
    I bought Mike Lewis's "Hot Headed" flat. I am building a 496 stroker motor. My question is; should I run a water pump set up or should I force feed it? I am not going to lake it very much. My builder says, I should be in the 650 to 700 horse range. What do you race guy's do? Any advise would sure be appreciated. If this helps, I'm running Dart heads and tunnel, BME aluminum rods, Crower crank. Thanks for any advise.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    I bought Mike Lewis's "Hot Headed" flat. I am building a 496 stroker motor. My question is; should I run a water pump set up or should I force feed it? I am not going to lake it very much. My builder says, I should be in the 650 to 700 horse range. What do you race guy's do? Any advise would sure be appreciated. If this helps, I'm running Dart heads and tunnel, BME aluminum rods, Crower crank. Thanks for any advise.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    i force feed mine and never overheated it at the lake.if the prop is turning its getting plenty of water,bbc cast block,heads,stock crank,hooptie tunnel,cheap rods......im sure ill get a response out of that one... :lightsabe

FLYTE RISK
    i force feed mine and never overheated it at the lake.if the prop is turning its getting plenty of water,bbc cast block,heads,stock crank,hooptie tunnel,cheap rods......im sure ill get a response out of that one... :lightsabe No not a response just a DDDOOOOYYYYYYY your boat was set up by Da-bull's Buddy doy :boxed: :idea:

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
    No not a response just a DDDOOOOYYYYYYY your boat was set up by Da-bull's Buddy doy :boxed: :idea:
    maybe he lost doooy's number...he should just call him next time.

Da-Bull
    maybe he lost doooy's number...he should just call him next time.
    Thanks for the help, sounds like you guy's have issues. Why didn't I think of calling my buddy, duh. Flyte do you use a water pump? I know Jimmy force feeds his.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

meaniam
    when force feeding the water do you just remove the water pump impeller? or what?

superdave013
    why not just run a pump?

Carnivalride
    why not just run a pump?
    I second that especially if it's a lake boat. :rollside: :rollside:

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    If That Prop Is Turning Its Cooling Plenty...even At Idle In Gear....,,no Pump Looks Clean Too.at Least You Can Warm The Engine Up Quickly Without A Pump...seems Like The Pump Keeps It Cold To Long.

Da-Bull
    I second that especially if it's a lake boat. :rollside: :rollside:
    The boat will not be laked that much, motor is 14.1 compression. But sounds like the pump would probably be the way to go, I guess Thanks guy's for all the input so far. What about a closed system, electric pump and catch can?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast