Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't Turn All Those Old Lavey's, Barron's And Bezer's Into Lake Boats Yet!!

LeE ss13
    We already got the Nostalgic Flatbottom class with just an 80 mph speed limit. Run any boat or any engine you want, just keep it under 80. I don't think you can get much cheaper than that. It's all up to the driver which makes it a real Driver's Race. And talk about a variety of boats. If we went with the APBA proposal, in 3 years you would have cookie cutter 350lb B boats with $4,000 crankshafts. (small blocks are famous for breaking the snout of the crank off when running of the front). Come out and watch one of these races. It is very competitive. Just my $.02

CircleJerk
    WELL, it's food for thought, but dont get excited you SBC guys living outside the Great Northwest....An insider told me that there isnt much chance for this to happen any day soon within APBA. Flatbottoms are unsafe and boring in their opinion and we dont want to make the hydroplane guys madder! They ARE required capsules, you know! However,,,,,
    Nostalgia is at the forefront of discussion at most big pow wows since races are paid for by the registration fees ( since most boat races have little or no paying spectators now days) and boat count means everything to the poor guy trying to promote events and most importantly, pay the bills! Nostalgia, in case you have been living in your van by the river, is HOT with large entry numbers! Here, are some figures: We average 14 boats at five events in 2005! BUT....... More than one driver uses each boat so our average now hits 17 and this translates into $1000 CASH to pay the bills just from this ONE class! How many promoters would do just about anything to have a bonified $1000 dollar bill guaranteed for every race they put on?? Correct me if I am wrong but the southern Nostalgia group are getting the same numbers now (I count over 20 from their points list)
    I dont want to sound over confident but,,,,,,we'll be around a few more years paying the Race bills! And having fun the affordable way.
    E Class flats WILL be offered this year in the Northwest (under 360 cubes) so Fords and Mopars are welcome, if all goes well, now it will be interesting to see what comes out of the APBA January rules meeting. There may be an ERR boat in my future, we'll see.

dmontzsta
    Break out those 351s!

GofastRacer
    We already got the Nostalgic Flatbottom class with just an 80 mph speed limit. Run any boat or any engine you want, just keep it under 80. I don't think you can get much cheaper than that. It's all up to the driver which makes it a real Driver's Race. And talk about a variety of boats. If we went with the APBA proposal, in 3 years you would have cookie cutter 350lb B boats with $4,000 crankshafts. (small blocks are famous for breaking the snout of the crank off when running of the front). Come out and watch one of these races. It is very competitive. Just my $.02
    I agree a 100% Larry!..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12