Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I buy this 2004 Ultra 23xs ??

NetBilling
    Hi,
    I was at Ultra in Corona last week and am looking at a 24 Stealth (but cannot find a used one in my area) but found this 2004 23xs with custom $2500 stereo, 496HO, All Dana hardware including the engine hinges, battery box and seat frames and it has 28 hours and is in PERFECT condition. The guy is asking $54k or it and I saw it yesterday but have not driven it yet. I like blue color better but I think this is a nice boat?
    What do you think about the boat, the deal, and the graphics?
    http://netbilling.com/photos/boats/23xs1.jpg
    http://netbilling.com/photos/boats/23xs2.jpg
    http://netbilling.com/photos/boats/23xs3.jpg
    Thanks for all of your insight and opinions.
    Mitch

bordsmnj
    thats a nice ride right there. i would check the nada guides ,get your finances in order and make offer
    http://www.nadaguides.com/MarineHome...Pr=0&wPg=2004&

Biglue
    That's a decent price. I bet you still save several grand when you consider all the hardware you mentioned. The sound system also. I'd do it. The graphics are tits.

Creator
    30 hours is the standard break in time for a motor so if he drove it easy you should be all ready to go. Boat looks nice!

Dribble
    I wouldn't think twice about it.

SDLifesaver
    I would be curious about the hours. Our hour meter said 60 but our motor clock said 124 so maybe find a dealer that can hook it to the computer and get the actual motor hours. Just a thought, but it is a nice boat. Offer him 50,000 even.

Biglue
    I would be curious about the hours. Our hour meter said 60 but our motor clock said 124 so maybe find a dealer that can hook it to the computer and get the actual motor hours. Just a thought, but it is a nice boat. Offer him 50,000 even.
    That usually means the hours are being recorded for palying the radio. Do you have an accessory in the ignition?

Beer-30
    That usually means the hours are being recorded for palying the radio. Do you have an accessory in the ignition?
    Funny story to back this suggestion up.
    One of my crew turned the key on to play the stereo while wiping down. First of all, the key doesn't need to be on, just the STEREO switch. Anyway, I park the boat, cover it, plug in the battery charger. The charger comes on for 15 minutes every morning. Next time I get in the boat, I notice the key one. I look at the hour meter and it says 247. It used to read 180. That was the moment I figured out that the hr meter was hooked to ign instead of grounded by an oil pressure switch as normal. Anyway, the computer says 160 hours, so I will straighten it out one of these days. When I do, I will hook it up normal.

Essex29
    That's a lot of red in my, but it's not my money.

Beer-30
    Hi,
    I was at Ultra in Corona last week and am looking at a 24 Stealth (but cannot find a used one in my area) but found this 2004 23xs with custom $2500 stereo, 496HO, All Dana hardware including the engine hinges, battery box and seat frames and it has 28 hours and is in PERFECT condition. The guy is asking $54k or it and I saw it yesterday but have not driven it yet. I like blue color better but I think this is a nice boat?
    What do you think about the boat, the deal, and the graphics?
    Thanks for all of your insight and opinions.
    Mitch
    Personally, I love the colors! How can you go wrong with red? Get it as low as you can, you will be paying sales tax on a CA boat. Still, it will be thousands cheaper than brand new, and it already has an upgraded stereo.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast