Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much to ship....

Punchy
    ...a boat from New York to California and what are my options on how to ship it?
    Can you container something like that or do you have to find someone to tow it?
    Any info would be cool.

YeLLowBoaT
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=boat+transport
    I was looking into it a few years ago when i was going to buy a boat back east, shiping was anywhere from 300-2000 depending on how fast I wanted it shiped.

Punchy
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=boat+transport
    I was looking into it a few years ago when i was going to buy a boat back east, shiping was anywhere from 300-2000 depending on how fast I wanted it shiped.
    thanks for the info

KACHINA KEN
    NY-CA @ $1.50 Mile = $3900. normal rate is $1.70

riverroyal
    is it,,I got time

2Driver
    THese guys are pretty good and known. They hull for Lavey and a lot of others. I checked into about 4 of them. You may also find out that some of them are just under contract with a-1 anyway. They also need to be insured properly - I found some of the smaller guys are not!
    http://www.a-1boattransport.com/ They were going to hull my 21 xtc Lavey from WA to AZ for $2,000. I bet prices have gone up that was 2 months ago.
    few pointers I learned as a first timer.
    You have to arrange for loading and unloading of the boat onto their trailer ( marina or dealership).
    You are supposed to get the fuel tanks emptied. Best to get it professionally shrink wrapped too. (About $350 for my boat). Be sure the guy who shrink wraps it does it for a long hull vs shrink wrap for storage...a big diff. You never know they could have a boat slighlty above yours dumping bilge water in your boat so the wrap helps but can beat the shit out of the boat if done wrong.

Johnwithjm
    Talk to shipping guy on the boards he might be able to help you out.

shippingguy
    ...a boat from New York to California and what are my options on how to ship it?
    Can you container something like that or do you have to find someone to tow it?
    Any info would be cool.
    Punchy, contact Holly at Ultra Boats (619) 443-1100. She has made a great contact with a guy that ships boats for them all over. I can move it, but this guys prices are unbeatable and he knows what he is doing. They do not need to be put into a container nor need to be towed. It will be loaded on a flat or stepdeck trailer. Let Holly know her fiance Mike (shippingguy) told you to give her a call. She is there now. Any other questions call me anytime 714-313-1235.

andy01
    I have a company that I used from Florida to Ca. for $2,800. That is on my trailer, not on a flatbed. That was like 5-6K. If you need the info. let me know. The guy called me twice a day to let me know where he was and how everything was going.
    Andy

Punchy
    Thanks everybody for all the info. You guys are awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast