Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone over 30 Might get a kick out of this.

Mrs.Racer277
    try a cast iron pan to the head, I made the mistake of telling mom to "shut up"...........clink!!!! out like a light.... I only made that mistake once!!!! and no I don't restent my mom for that quite the opposite!!! "that was the day I learned respect for my elders" :messedup: because it hurts if you don't
    Well that explains everything. J/K Karl Love ya.
    Dad was the scary one in our house. Not that I was a bad girl or pushed or anything.

rivercrazy
    I remember when parents actually tried to set an example for their kids based on their own actions.
    Seems like that value has slid over the past few decades. Now parents tell their kids how to act correctly and then when they think the kids aren't looking. They party it up like rock stars, act like psedo lesbians, run it hard, swing, and act like kids on an MTV spring break video.
    Problem is, kids do see it. Now wonder they are so confused!

BROADMINDED
    My Mom Carried A Wooden Spoon Around In Her Purse. And She Was Not Afraid To Whip That Thing Out In Public. That Thing Sounded Like Zoro Coming Out Of Her Purse. And The Spoon Had Holes In It. Damn I Still Get Chills Thinking About That Thing

SummitKarl
    Well that explains everything. J/K Karl Love ya.
    Dad was the scary one in our house. Not that I was a bad girl or pushed or anything.
    I see your still practicing that "butt kissing"
    nope it was mom for me "no defence against upset mother"
    I was bigger than dad by 13 that saved my butt a few times

H20 Toie
    I went to Pinecrest when not only would the teacher spank you but then you would get set to the principal and have to wait in his office for what seemed like hours, the waiting was worse than the spanking but that was the idea. Now you have people complain about getting tickets by mail for running a red light, what about stopping before the light turns red, Remember the kid in china that got caned for graffity and everyone was upset. i bet he never does it again. (at least not in China or wherever he was) unlike the kids here.

2Driver
    Gaining a deep foundation of trust and most of all respect from your kid is the most difficult way to modifiy kids behavior, but will reward you many times over. Fear of a beating just reinforces your kid to stay one step in front of you or away from you.
    Respect = Can't let my Dad and Mom down
    Fear = Ok but I can't get caught (again)
    Which works when they are off on their own?
    I've tried it both ways and the first way works way better for me. :idea:
    touchy subject

jbtrailerjim
    I remember when parents actually tried to set an example for their kids based on their own actions.
    Seems like that value has slid over the past few decades. Now parents tell their kids how to act correctly and then when they think the kids aren't looking. They party it up like rock stars, act like psedo lesbians, run it hard, swing, and act like kids on an MTV spring break video.
    Problem is, kids do see it. Now wonder they are so confused!
    Excellent Post! I totally agree.

goneboatin
    Bactine was a staple in our medicine cabinent as a kid. I always tried to keep my scrapes and skinned knees and elbows away from my mom 'cause out would come the Bactine. I can remember the stinging as I write this. :sqeyes:

Ziggy
    I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself.
    How fricking true is this---try hiring anyone under 22 who took a 12 month crash course...they believe they are owed the same or better than the 20+ yr veteran who has seen and done it all......
    Oh yeah, my mother used the little green bamboo sticks to swat my ass....if I saw her hand heading to the top of the fridge I was outta there and on the run

big crapolla
    I was goofing off in class. The teacher grabbed my shirt and shoved me out, ripping the whole front of the shirt out. When I told my mom, she just said, "you must have been doing something to deserve that". and put me on restriction.
    Also, remember
    "Come home when the street lights come on"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast