Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordering a new Ultra Stealth 24 - Opinions please

NetBilling
    Hi All,
    I am so glad that I found this forum. I have already learned alot and am excited about having Ultra build us a new 24 Stealth. I have more questions that I would appreciate your expert opinions on...
    Do you guys think that spending the extra 4k is worth it for the 496HO or just stick with the 496 Mag? What will the performance difference be on a 24 Stealth? Also, what are the necessary/most desired Dana hardware options/upgrades that are not too frivilous? For example, are the Dana engine hinges, seat frames, and battery boxes wotht the $$$?
    Anything else I should be upgrading besides the sound system? What do you recommend for the stereo, the 3500 package that Ultra is now installing themselves or should I have it done elsewhere?
    Thanks, Mitch
    p.s. Do you guys like the walkthrough or the closed option better?

dicudmore
    Open/closed/walk through totally depends on your desires and how you're going to use it.
    when it comes to power I think everyone will agree...buy more than you think you need. Nobody complains that they have too much, will also help when it comes time to re-sell it :wink:

GrapeApe
    The Dana Hinges are much better then the Hydraulic Rams.. We went with the Rams on the 1st Ultra, and opted for the better Hinges on our newest Ultra Deck.. It looks much Cleaner as well..
    *** Grape Ape ***

riverracerx
    Does that 4K for the HO upgrade get you the XR drive as well? I would do it for the power and the re-sale value.
    As for the Dana stuff, if you are on a budget, get the seat bases. They are trick! The rest you won't see. But if you have the $$ do it.
    As for the stereo, price it out elsewhere. You should be able to either bring the components to them if you can get a better price, or at least run all the wiring during the rigging so you can easily add the stereo stuff later.
    As Dan said, walkthru options are personal preference. See what your family likes best.
    Good luck!

andy01
    Hi All,
    I am so glad that I found this forum. I have already learned alot and am excited about having Ultra build us a new 24 Stealth. I have more questions that I would appreciate your expert opinions on...
    Do you guys think that spending the extra 4k is worth it for the 496HO or just stick with the 496 Mag? What will the performance difference be on a 24 Stealth? Also, what are the necessary/most desired Dana hardware options/upgrades that are not too frivilous? For example, are the Dana engine hinges, seat frames, and battery boxes wotht the $$$?
    Anything else I should be upgrading besides the sound system? What do you recommend for the stereo, the 3500 package that Ultra is now installing themselves or should I have it done elsewhere?
    Thanks, Mitch
    Don't spend the money on the HO. Just buy the 496.
    Open bow is up to the owner. Are you going to be hauling people around? Spilling drinks in your boat, dumping shit all over you when you hit a wave and thier drink flys up in the air into the wind? It all depends on what you want out of boating. If it was me I would put a GT Performance 650 EFI in it for motor and do a closed bow. And don't waste a bunch of money on a trailer, it is only to get you to the water! Buy what you need. None of it makes a defference when you go to sell the boat in a couple of years for the 28'.
    Congrats on your choice, those 24's can be a lot of fun. I know the older one was.
    Andy

charlyox
    Dana hinges are awsome.they open in about 3 seconds. mine take about 30 seconds to open all the way. I would go with the 496 HO. you will wish you did

JB in so cal
    Hi All,
    Thanks, Mitch
    PM Raff on the boards. He got one and I know for a fact he loves it. Just had it out last weekend, as a matter of fact.

NetBilling
    Don't spend the money on the HO. Just buy the 496.
    Open bow is up to the owner. Are you going to be hauling people around? Spilling drinks in your boat, dumping shit all over you when you hit a wave and thier drink flys up in the air into the wind? It all depends on what you want out of boating. If it was me I would put a GT Performance 650 EFI in it for motor and do a closed bow. And don't waste a bunch of money on a trailer, it is only to get you to the water! Buy what you need. None of it makes a defference when you go to sell the boat in a couple of years for the 28'.
    Congrats on your choice, those 24's can be a lot of fun. I know the older one was.
    Andy
    That is a good view. I have a family and we like to take friends out so the open bow is the only option for me. I do not think the HO will add much in this boat, will it?
    Mitch

ROZ
    Regarding the sound system.... I'd let John's boys do the job. He now has a couple of very good rated installers on staff and has already weened them into building solid marine sound systems... Nice to have it done inshop if it can be done

rivercrazy
    I'd go with the HO. It will get you 2-3mph more on the big end and give you better resale. It also get you the Bravo 1X that is a bit stronger than the standard Bravo 1

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast