Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: just got fired...happy new year

kmcmktg
    Ouch. That sucks.
    Got let go two weeks before Christmas, 2001. Two weeks after my oldest son was born. That was a wakeup call - I bled productivity via long commute, long hours, extensive travel (to boat shows...I guess that wasn't so bad) for the better part of three years, but when they decided it was time to restructure management, no one was safe from the chopper. Worse than that, I didn't even get the news directly from the owners of the company - the local office manager had to do it. I felt worse for him (he is a great guy) than I did for me.
    It all worked out for the best. Now I have a great job just a mile from home, and can actually have breakfast with the kids every morning and pick 'em up from childcare every afternoon. Plus I still get to hit the occassional boat show.
    Good luck with the job hunt - there's something better out there; all ya gotta do is stay focused and get after it.

purrfecttremor
    WTF Dan Happy New YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of employer woul'd do that during the Holidays? Sounds like You needed to get out of there anyway!Good luck
    Bill

gigamurph
    Yeah; doesn't it suck that they think that if they "wait" until after Christmas to let ya go that they're doin' you a favor? I'm hearin' grumblings like my days are numbered at my job too. But like everyone says; try to keep your chin up and hopefully it will turn out to be the best. Good luck in 2006!

hoolign
    Anybody knows anybody looking for a Service manager or advisor I'm now available...
    Maybe you should post the Phone # to the place, and we could all phone there to make an appointment,... then " Oh Dan's not there anymore?? well I'll have to go somewhere else then!" ... onward and upward!

Biglue
    Maybe you should post the Phone # to the place, and we could all phone there to make an appointment,... then " Oh Dan's not there anymore?? well I'll have to go somewhere else then!" ... onward and upward!
    That is an excellent idea. We should do that and ask for him by name. That he is highly recommended to you. Make them feel like dumbasses for letting Dan go.

hoolign
    That is an excellent idea. We should do that and ask for him by name. That he is highly recommended to you. Make them feel like dumbasses for letting Dan go.
    Especailly since I would be driving down from Canada to have my oil changed

OutCole'd
    Damn Dan, sorry to hear the bad news. Best of luck to you

syke-o
    that sucks dude.... but you seem like the type of guy that will turn it around into a positive.. good luck!!!

THOR
    That sucks ass Dan. Sorry. There has to be some good dealers in need of a Dan.

RVRGIRL
    I got fired on Dec 16th of this year!! Been looking for work. Hard to find a job with the holidays. Very bad way for the year 2 end...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast