Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Fathers here

MAINEVENT
    Have full custody of your kids Its a thought only because i am thinking of changing careers and moving and i dont want to be without my kids She has mentioned that her or I can have custody of them just was wondering if it was hard for you to get your kids in court cause we might end up their :lightsabe I am not trying to take them from her i would never do that i just would like them to live with me full time....
    TIA

HocusPocus
    if you both agree to the terms and who has custody.. i don't think the courts will have a problem with it.

jackpunx
    I do.. but.. it was not an issue..
    My daughter is 17 now.. went back and fourth as she was growing up... she's been with me for about 3 years now full time.. I get child support too
    Not sure about the courts.. but.. If you fight her on it.. I dont think you have much coming

lewiville
    how old are the kids?
    takening them out of there "mom" enviroment might not be worth the pain to the kids

MAINEVENT
    how old are the kids?
    takening them out of there "mom" enviroment might not be worth the pain to the kids
    the kids are gonna be three if they stay with her they will most likely go to daycare and if the kids go with me they will go to their aunts house...Plus she works night so i dont know what day care they would end up in....
    Your right i think kids need their mom but my concern was who is gonna watch them at night????

AirtimeLavey
    It's really tough for Dads to get full, unless the biatch, I mean ex. agrees, or has drug or physical abuse issues THAT YOU CAN PROVE in court. Pretty easy to get 50/50 if the logistics make sense (you live nearby). I live in the IE only because I want to stay close to my daughter, and maintain a 50/50. I drive way more than I should for work, and have passed up promotions for that same reason. Wouldn't trade it for seeing my daughter grow up and being able to go to her awards assemblies, soccer games, etc...
    Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes for you. :clover:

AirtimeLavey
    the kids are gonna be three if they stay with her they will most likely go to daycare and if the kids go with me they will go to their aunts house...Plus she works night so i dont know what day care they would end up in....
    Your right i think kids need their mom but my concern was who is gonna watch them at night????
    The work at night thing might be a strong argument....I would think, anyway.

Sleek-Jet
    It's really tough for Dads to get full, unless the biatch, I mean ex. agrees, or has drug or physical abuse issues THAT YOU CAN PROVE in court.
    Trust me, that's not all that hard, but you DO NOT want to open that can of worms just to win custody of the child.
    If you can work out a joint custody agreement, that seems to work best for everybody involved.

topless
    I have a friend who got full custody of his infant twin girls. The mother never showed up to court. Her visits became fewer and fewer until she just stopped seeing them all together. The girls are now 6 years old. The bad thing is that she went and had more kids with someone else. Some people should NOT reproduce. :idea:

WYRD
    I have been through this twice and all I can say is that if the two of you fight about this in court NOBODY WINS especially the kids. The first time I went just to get 50% custody and although I got what I was asking for I spent a grip doing it and there was lots of mud slinging. whereas if I would of tried to talk it out rationally with my ex or settle in mediation then I could of reached the same goal with much less at risk. The second one seems to be going a little more smoothly then the first so hopefully all will turn out well. Needless to say no matter what it is going to be a difficult road and I wish you and your family the best in this trying time.
    WYRD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast