Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Trip To Corona Today = New 24 Stealth

NetBilling
    Hi All,
    A big thanks to Bob Brown down at Ultra today for spending several hours with us and finally selling us a new Stealth and thanks to John West for spending time on the phone with me as well. The boat build will start next week. Sarah and I are VERY excited. We decided on the non walkthrough because of the sleek look. We opted to keep both mid cabin seats instead of losing one for a cooler as there seems to be room for a cooler in the engine compartment.
    Here are a few other options that we added... but not all listed here.
    Dana hinges
    Dana battery boxes - dual batteries
    Ultra's 3500 stereo package with Ipod connector and Stereo control panel in rear
    Extra DC outlets
    Full floor lighting
    Drive shower
    Built-in hand rails instead of top mounted
    Livoris guauge and sterring wheel package
    We did not get the HO or the offshore controls... mistake?
    ------------
    So now I need more help please**
    We went for the full body paint in yellow blend with sapphire blue flames (or some other design), just like this paint job below but blue instead of purple.
    However, because of scratching the bottom when we beach the boat, I am thinking to have some white only on the very bottom of the boat at the "V". I saw some like that in Hot Boat magazine and it seems to be common to do that even on a full paint blended boat. What do you think? Also, I am wondering if we should do traditional flames as in this pic, or tribal, or a combination? I wonder if JW has anything completely different that he wants to try? I will talk to him tomorrow but would really appreciate all of your inut tonight.
    http://www.ultraboats.com/img/gall24lg.JPG
    Thanks, Mitch

NetBilling
    What about a design like this one with yellow instead of the green?
    http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/273.jpg

bunny 166
    Wow! How exciting for you and your family!! That is awesome...
    I think more traditional flames would be nice, but that is just my opinion. I would get the HO as well, but check with insurance first to see if you're covered with that HP for that hull length. We have the offshore controls on our boat and they are bitchin', but not necessary, I guess. As far as the colors, right on! I love yellow and blue on boats, just not on football teams..... :wink: :wink:

phuggit
    Congrats!! Did you opt for the base 496 mag?

Essex29
    Congrats! I would definitely reconsider the offshore controls.

shadow
    Sounds great.
    I would reconsider putting the cooler in the engine hatch 1) It gets hot in there 2) Open the hatch everytime you want a drink
    Off shore controls are so much easier to use...I love them and I would suggest you get them
    Congrats...you picked a class company and good product
    DITTO!
    Ice chest in the engine compartment will become a pain in the ass in no time.
    Off shore controls are sure nice.
    You may wish you had the HO later,but if it's not in the budget you are still getting a very nice boat.Congradulations!!

NetBilling
    Congrats!! Did you opt for the base 496 mag?
    Yes - the base 496 mag as I was told that the HO will add nothing for acceleration on this boat because ot os light and only 2-3 MPG on the top end.
    Mitch

NetBilling
    Congrats! I would definitely reconsider the offshore controls.
    I am reconsidering that...

NetBilling
    DITTO!
    Ice chest in the engine compartment will become a pain in the ass in no time.
    Off shore controls are sure nice.
    You may wish you had the HO later,but if it's not in the budget you are still getting a very nice boat.Congradulations!!
    Maybe we will just use the ski locker with a cooler bag?

cxr133
    NB...first congrats on a great boat
    wanna tell us guys who are thinking of upgrading in the next few years what the price topped out at??

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast