Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis & Clark expeditions

waxer
    I was wondering if anybody else has done any boating trips of length. This past Wed Ultratweaker & myself made a day run from Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mojave past Willow Beach all the way to the base of the Hoover dam.
    The round trip distance was 92 miles....
    Topac Gorge is beutifull but Eldorado Canyon south of Willow Beach is breathtaking. We stopped & did a small hike up to the Hot springs (the steel ladder was cool) & a Bighorn sheep stopped long enough for a few pics.
    BTW i forgot to mention my boat did the trip without an alternator, I broke the mount bolt off in the head the day before @ Topac. Ultratweaker runs 2 batteries & we swapped my drained battery with his spare battery every 30 miles or so. Another stress factor was Ultratweaker sucked a rock in his pump at the Hot Springs 40 miles from the truck. Though all was good he was able to reach the rock from the cleanout.
    Jus wonderin if anyone else has any similar adventures

Wicked Performance Boats
    We take our jetboat there and have a blast.Water is cold tho,but, the view of everything is beautiful. Julie

olbiezer
    hey waxer....got any pics of those places.....would love to see em if so....thanks

bradbigsley
    hey waxer that sounds like alot of fun.. what is the fuel situation between willow beach and lake mohave.

waxer
    hey waxer that sounds like alot of fun.. what is the fuel situation between willow beach and lake mohave.
    There's gas and a market at Willow Beach, nice fuel dock, but the gas of course is expensive.....$3.98 for a gal of 91oct.
    Gas is also avail @ Cottonwood Cove and I believe at Catherine's Landing
    I'll post some pics when I rcv an email from UltraTweaker.....

Cole1313
    we take out jet boat from Macentire s/p to Yuma. We think it is 80 miles one way. we try to do it twice a year. It is a journey, but very fun.

waxer
    I've done the Mayflower to Walters Camp 2 years ago, I think that is 75 Miles round trip. We have discussed the Mayflower to Martinez Lake run a couple of times but due to water levels late in the year we have never been able to pull it off. How was the hotel & restaraunt at Martinez????

Cole1313
    I've done the Mayflower to Walters Camp 2 years ago, I think that is 75 Miles round trip. We have discussed the Mayflower to Martinez Lake run a couple of times but due to water levels late in the year we have never been able to pull it off. How was the hotel & restaraunt at Martinez????
    We have always camped on the shore!!!! It is a blast if you have the right people. Water levels are a concern but it can be done as late as the first week in October. You end up floating alot and pushing yourself over sand bars but like I said it can be done, if you have the right people, and a low freeboard boat.

Mighty Thor
    We actaually followed the "Boys'" route twice this summer, starting at whitebear island where they put back into the river after the Portage around the Great Falls and traveling up river to the current town of Ulm. 54 miles round trip, took them severl days. we did it in a couple of hours. Also did one trip this year up thru the Gates of the Mountains Near Helena Montana. Yall gotta come north some time!

Wicked Performance Boats
    When Pat and I go there, There is a part of the river that floats you up river. It's right across from where you walk up to the hot springs. The canoe People beach right there too. It's what they white water rapid on in the canoes. We float down and get in the current and spins us right back to the beginning of the rapids.(very small) We managed to float it back up 5 times in a row. People thought we were in trouble, we never started the boat and kept floating UP RIVER past them . It' was a blast. MORAL. Who said you can't float UP RIVER. :idea: Julie & Pat :mix:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast