Thread: Lifted truck towing Question

Evil-E
    For all of you with lifted trucks that either don't have mud flaps or have small ones, what do you use to keep the rocks from chipping the front of your boat? I have seen a few products that you bolt on to your receiver hitch. I'm just curious what some of the board members do. On short trips I don't mind but I'm going to the SCOPE run this weekend and I don't want to chip the hell out of my boat. My truck is a F350 with a 8" lift on 37" tires.

voodoomedman
    For all of you with lifted trucks that either don't have mud flaps or have small ones, what do you use to keep the rocks from chipping the front of your boat? I have seen a few products that you bolt on to your receiver hitch. I'm just curious what some of the board members do. On short trips I don't mind but I'm going to the SCOPE run this weekend and I don't want to chip the hell out of my boat. My truck is a F350 with a 8" lift on 37" tires.
    Stay outta the rocks

Jordy
    I've got a screen that wraps all the way around the trailer and keeps rocks from pelting the sponsons. It's a pretty cool setup, made from a bimini/bow rail kind of aluminum tube and then with a heavy duty screen that zippers around it.

Beer-30
    Mine doesn't throw rocks.

liquidasset
    Mud terrain tires are the best becuse they don't pickup stuff like pebbles so easy. I still have removeable flaps for when i'm towing though

Havasu Hangin'
    Just buy a bigger boat, so any rocks hit below the waterline.
    I am a problem solver.

jackpunx
    I've got a screen that wraps all the way around the trailer and keeps rocks from pelting the sponsons. It's a pretty cool setup, made from a bimini/bow rail kind of aluminum tube and then with a heavy duty screen that zippers around it.
    you got a pic of that?

liquidasset
    A company Called Clear Bra is doing some cool stuff for boats now. The company also guarntees against rock chips,and you can't even tell it's on the boat :idea:

Evil-E
    Thanks for all the replys. I'll look into clear bra.