Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Info Please

hyevon
    Looking to put a generator in my dcb to charge the batteries while I'm docked listening to the stereo. Any help thanks So Cal

mbrown2
    You need a couple things....A Cascade Power Supply (w/Smart Charger) and Honda EU 2000 Generator...DCB rigged my supply to run through the batteries so at night I could smart charge them...during listening unplug the smart charge RJ11 jack and then you get the full power supply....depending on the amount watts you are pushing will help you decide on the Cascade unit size...I am pushing around 3000watts so I went with the 90Amp unit.....The generator powers the Power Supply when listening to the system docked or parked or you can run off batteries when running or parked...but using the power supply generator keeps the batteries from going dead while parked.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Looking to put a generator in my dcb to charge the batteries while I'm docked listening to the stereo. Any help thanks So Cal
    Ask Phat Matt.....
    He's doing that to his new boat.......Matt?? :idea:
    Later,
    CJG

h2oski2fast
    You need a couple things....A Cascade Power Supply (w/Smart Charger) and Honda EU 2000 Generator...DCB rigged my supply to run through the batteries so at night I could smart charge them...during listening unplug the smart charge RJ11 jack and then you get the full power supply....depending on the amount watts you are pushing will help you decide on the Cascade unit size...I am pushing around 3000watts so I went with the 90Amp unit.....The generator powers the Power Supply when listening to the system docked or parked or you can run off batteries when running or parked...but using the power supply generator keeps the batteries from going dead while parked.
    Yeah what he said. But I would always keep the batteries plugged in while running the stereo, helps to use them as a buffer.

mbrown2
    Yeah what he said. But I would always keep the batteries plugged in while running the stereo, helps to use them as a buffer.
    They are always plugged in....and the power supply goes through the battery...its just the RJ 11 cable I unplug so the supply does not even try and go in smart charge mode...just acts as power supply.

h2oski2fast
    Gotcha, didn't realize thats how it was setup!!!!! :mix: :mix: :mix:

Phat Matt
    mbrown2 said it in a nutshell. You can read it in this thread to understand it some more.
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ight=generator

hyevon
    Thanks for the info. Any place in so cal to purchase these componants, or someone in havi to install

mbrown2
    Thanks for the info. Any place in so cal to purchase these componants, or someone in havi to install
    Check that thread...it may tell you where to get the EU2000...you can find them online for 800-900. Get the Cascade from Boatfloating on these boards.

Charley
    220, 221 whatever it takes!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast