Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: how to go faster?

code8
    I have 2005 ultra 21' stealth with a stock GM vortec 6000 (6.L / 350 HP) with a Dominator Jet pump. Everything else is stock. Great boat and the speed is ok for now,52-55 mph. Someday soon I would like to hit 60 mph with out breaking my wallet.
    I called both Whipple and Procharger about a supercharger. Both companies do not make anything for my engine.
    Is there anything that I can do to the engine, pump or anything else to go faster? Where shoud I start, the pump or the engine. Can the speed be achieved with a budget of approx. $5,000.00.
    Any suggestions would help.

MikeF
    5k for a Gold plated stripper pole.........that's all you need.

HM
    Budget?

Wonderboy
    Remove all the seats, carpet and stereo equipment. That should be good for at least 3mph.

HighRoller
    This may sound incredibly simple, but call Ultra and ask them if they'll put a Big Block in your boat and take your small block in trade. I'm seeing a lot of small block stern drive Ultras for sale these days so that engine might be in demand. I imagine for $5000 plus your engine they'd work with you to at least get a stock 502 in that thing which would put you right at 60mph and a much better holeshot.
    The other benefit would be the endless availibility of relatively cheap aftermarket parts for the big block. Down the road you could spend another $5K and have a 70mph boat

Riverkid
    with a budget of approx. $5,000.00.
    Come on Frank, stick with it!

essexjet
    I have 2005 ultra 21' stealth with a stock GM vortec 6000 (6.L / 350 HP) with a Dominator Jet pump. Everything else is stock. Great boat and the speed is ok for now,52-55 mph. Someday soon I would like to hit 60 mph with out breaking my wallet.
    I called both Whipple and Procharger about a supercharger. Both companies do not make anything for my engine.
    Is there anything that I can do to the engine, pump or anything else to go faster? Where shoud I start, the pump or the engine. Can the speed be achieved with a budget of approx. $5,000.00.
    Any suggestions would help.
    First I would look into (if you dont have one yet) place diverter, ride plate and droop scoop. Then change the headers and intake that should get you pretty close the 60mph

H20 Party Starter
    Easy...
    N. O. S. And you'll have $$ left over for more gas and beer

HM
    Come on Frank, stick with it!
    LOL....reading is fundemental. Dote!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast