Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little advise please.

Biglue
    It's gonna be kinda long so please bare with me.
    As you may know my truck's tranny began slipping several days ago. I took it to the dealer for repairs since I have extended coverage on it. The dealer took two days to get back to the warranty folks with a diagnosis. Now the warranty peeps want the dealer to take it apart and verify their own diagnosis. If the dealer is wrong than I'm liable for the repairs.
    Before that chapter, the warranty company wanted the maint history of the tranny. I provided proof of servicing it twice. My truck has just under 51k miles on it. It's already had the tranny fluid changed twice. It's recommended every 30k miles. It obvious that the maint is there to even a blind man.
    It just seems like the warranty company is taking every measure to weasel their way out of covering my claim. It's really pissing me off. If they reject my claim, I'm cancelling it and getting a refund for the remaining coverage.
    My question to you guys is, who has dealt with this? Is this standard procedure on their behalf and what can I do. Am I basically just hosed?
    Thanks guys.

HALLETT BOY
    They have certain guidlines they must adhere to , let then inspect it and stand firm that you will not take no for answer.If you are persistant with them they most likely will come through....

Dribble
    This is standard procedure for these a-holes. It gets worse. After it's torn down they send their own appraiser out to look at it. His job is to manufacture a reason that it shouldn't be covered. I have seen them deny warranty coverage for the most ridiculous reasons you can imagine. If you read the terms of your warranty it's probably all right there. If they can't get out of paying, there is probably a clause stating they will replace the defective part with a LKQ (Like Kind and Quality) part meaning used from a wrecking yard.
    If an extended warranty is not underwritten by the vehicle manufacturer it is not worth a crap. These companies do not consider you their customer. The dealer sales department is their customer. You don't mean squat to them.
    Good luck.

Wally_Gator
    I had gone through that before. They wanted a teardown, where I was responsable for the teardown if there was nothing found.
    That was with the GMPP major guard.
    The tech said, he WILL find something wrong. Be cool with your service advisor as he can be alot of help at this point. Either he can go to bat for you or tell you they denied you...

Biglue
    I had gone through that before. They wanted a teardown, where I was responsable for the teardown if there was nothing found.
    That was with the GMPP major guard.
    The tech said, he WILL find something wrong. Be cool with your service advisor as he can be alot of help at this point. Either he can go to bat for you or tell you they denied you...
    Yeah I think the service advisor is on my side. He's inspired some confidence that he will help me out.

lucky
    extended service warrenty sucks - that's like buying a cataltic conveter fart valve ---

76ANTHONY
    ok i hope your ready for this. the dealer has to tear it down and get an inspector out to verify. if they decline repairs you now have to pay to put it together again. if the advidsor didnt qoute this already. gmpp is different, they go by codes, you can have the mangr bypass the insp at times. what do you have for a service contract??

mirvin
    Biglou, please tell me you're not dealing with Don Kott Ford If you are, do yourself a favor and just go somewhere else......
    In any case, warranty work is the worst. It's the lowest priority they've got.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.
    mirvin

pjones
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of truck do
    you have that coughed a trans at 51k miles?

NOTALENT
    I went through this with my rear end on my dodge with Wynn's extended warranty...Took them a month to rebuild a rear end with them...and Any part that wasnt fully bad...I had to pay for...they werent going to pay for my rental...So I had my lawyer cotact them..and there attitude changed...got my rental reimbursement. and a little extra for the inconvienence...
    What dealer is it...if they have to replace it they most likely buy through my company...I can get you there price... :rollside:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast