Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuppers For A Tunnel Jet Boat ???????

atxwrangler
    OK, I THOUGHT I HAD THIS FIGURED OUT,BUT REALIZED I DONT.I HAVE READ THE ROUND FLAT ONES THAT I PLANNED ON USING ARE NOT RATED FOR UNDER THE WATER LINE USAGE.THIS LEAVES THE PLASTIC CONE ONES WITH THE BALL IN THEM,AND THE DUCKBILL TYPE TO MY CURRENT KNOWLEDGE. ANY RECOMENDATIONS? THANX! :idea:

DeputyDawg
    Drain plugs dude.

atxwrangler
    I RUN WET HEADERS AS OF NOW, ALL THE WATER THAT COMER THROUGH THE WEEP HOLES, FALLS INTO THE SIDE TUNNELS,.THEY WOULD FILL UP PRETTY FAST.

atxwrangler
    BY THE WAY,DEPUTY,I FOUND A LOADER A FRIEND IS GOING TO LET ME TRY,IF IT DOESN'T PERFORM I WILL GET UP WITH YOU ON THE OTHER ONE YOU HAVE!THANX! :lightsabe

DeputyDawg
    Hey ATX, you really shouldn't have that much water coming through your weep holes in your headers. Make sure you have a good spring and check ball in your T-valve, or run a Banderlog or something to control flow, because you shouldn't get much water in your boat from your headers if the water supply is set up properly.
    You are welcomed to try the loader anytime man!

atxwrangler
    I HAVE A BANDERLOG UNIT ON ORDER, THE FACTORY IS WAY BEHIND ON ORDERS,I MAY HAVE TO RUN THE HEADERS DRY AT JET FEST,THEN JET HOT COAT THEM THIS WINTER. I MAY CANCEL THE ORDER FOR THE BANDERLOG AND RUN THE HEADERS DRY.THE SAVED COST WOULD ALMOST JET HOT COAT THE HEADERS. :skull:

MudPumper
    I HAVE A BANDERLOG UNIT ON ORDER, THE FACTORY IS WAY BEHIND ON ORDERS,I MAY HAVE TO RUN THE HEADERS DRY AT JET FEST,THEN JET HOT COAT THEM THIS WINTER. I MAY CANCEL THE ORDER FOR THE BANDERLOG AND RUN THE HEADERS DRY.THE SAVED COST WOULD ALMOST JET HOT COAT THE HEADERS. :skull:
    Or you can just run a manual valve for the time being. Piece of cake and cheap to do.

moneysucker
    I run CP Performances pollished aluminum J drains without problems on my outside sponsons on my SWDT my brother does as well and he also runs one in the center pod, I used to run 3 bilges but the j drains have eliminated my need for 2. I have never had any problems but they are a good way to sink a boat if you are not paying attention. When you stop, check to make sure nothing is stuck in the drain. Zip tie cut offs and wire strippings or leaves are a major culperet for this. J-drains are the way to go. Duck bills look too stupid for me to run.

atxwrangler
    Thanx Moneysucker,i Will Check Into Them A Little Closer.i Like Your Boat! Looks Goooood!

FOURQ
    I run CP Performances pollished aluminum J drains without problems on my outside sponsons on my SWDT my brother does as well and he also runs one in the center pod, I used to run 3 bilges but the j drains have eliminated my need for 2. I have never had any problems but they are a good way to sink a boat if you are not paying attention. When you stop, check to make sure nothing is stuck in the drain. Zip tie cut offs and wire strippings or leaves are a major culperet for this. J-drains are the way to go. Duck bills look too stupid for me to run.
    im with moneyblower on this one i ran them on mine and all the factory swtd's had em installed unless the cousomer didnt want them
    Q

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast