Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another pool question - ever hear of "Hydrazzo?"

MagicMtnDan
    We're still trying to decide on the finish of our pool. Still considering Pebbletec, Pebblesheen, etc.
    One of the contractors suggested we look at Hydrazzo:
    Hydrazzo®
    A silky smooth texture, combined with the proven durability of exposed aggregates, are two prime features of this state-of-the-art pool finish.
    With unique color selections and natural variegated appearance, Aquavations Hydrazzo complements all poolscape designs. This polished pool surface creates a finish that is naturally resistant to spot etching, topical stains, permanent scale and algae adhesion.
    Imagine that...timeless beauty and easy maintenance.
    Time-Proven Natural Ingredients
    The most beautiful pools in the world are surfaced with the hand-polished magic of Aquavations Hydrazzo. It's the smoothest, richest and most luxurious surface available, formulated from time-proven technology and the earth's finest raw materials. Aquavations Hydrazzo combines naturally beautiful coarse graded crystalline and colored marble, along with white Portland cement and a host of other performance-enhancing ingredients to create the ultimate pool coating.
    Toughness...Without Roughness!
    The secret to the Aquavations Hydrazzo finish is the final step: polishing the surface to a brilliant luster, and thereby unlocking the marble's natural beauty, and it's extraordinary strength. The color is breathtaking, achieving a soothing, color-intensifying effect. Aquavations Hydrazzo is the "smooth sensation" in exposed aggregate pool finishes, friendly to fingers, toes and swimsuits.
    http://www.aquavations.com/hyd-over.htm

ROZ
    It is a beautiful finish, but probably the most expensive.... Since you're saving so much money doing it yourself, consider goinf for it..

Woodster
    Hydrazzo?? Is it similar to Terrazzo? I do Terrazzo for a living so just wondering..If so I would think it would be really expensive
    Edit..I just read the website..Yep its just like polishing Terrazzo..Im sure that stuff is really expensive but it would look great in a pool

Man-de-lone
    Sounds nice. Might be hard to walk or run across...(yes, I know its in the water) What I mean is, no traction for playing Marco Polo in the shallow end....
    Man--->3M Colorquartz<-----delon

HighRoller
    Wasn't Hydrazzo that fictional town where two rednecks antagonized the local constabulary and their corrupt boss in the General Lee?

MagicMtnDan
    Sounds nice. Might be hard to walk or run across...(yes, I know its in the water) What I mean is, no traction for playing Marco Polo in the shallow end....
    Man--->3M Colorquartz<-----delon
    Hey Mandy, what's up with your new screen name (and starting all over)?

Man-de-lone
    I've been using this sometimes so I can send and receive PM's. My other one doesn't access my PM's anymore....
    Can't access my settings, User CP, nothing. I log in with this one if I want to send messages and actually get a reply... :idea:
    ADmin does not respond to my requests, so I have adapted.... :chi:
    Post count, schmost count....
    Tell me your pool won't be like your boat....

PHX ATC
    Waste of money. Other than putting in all tiles in neat little squares that takes weeks this is the most expensive. Doesn't look any better than pebbletec/sheen.
    If you want ease of maintenance and easy clean, go fiberglass (shot in type, not the pool shell flopped in the ground).

Sleek-Jet
    Post count, schmost count....
    Who are you again???
    OK, back to the topic. :rollside:

ROZ
    Waste of money. Other than putting in all tiles in neat little squares that takes weeks this is the most expensive. Doesn't look any better than pebbletec/sheen.
    Hydrazzo is going to be much smoother on the fee than Pebblesheen, though..
    I almost tiled my entire pool with 1" squares .... :supp:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast