Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have heating problems with the Ford 6.0 turbo deisel

GBLASER
    Just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing. I have an 05 F250 6.0 Deisel. When towing and climbing the hills on the way to the river, the temp gauge will climb to just below the "H". The fan kicks on and it goes down but it seems odd since my boat only weighs 4000 lbs. It never has gotten close the red and normally runs right at the half way mark. Maybe this is normal?

cola
    I was talking to a friend yesterday about his Ford. It does the same thing. We were thinking if he opens up the exhaust it might help. ???
    Late, Mike

mmered8299
    try dieselstop.com for your answer

GBLASER
    Mine never gets to the point that I should stop but none the less it climbs up.

Woodster
    I have the same truck and the same problem. Ive done some research and was told by a Ford tech that the gauge cluster is overly sensetive, and it needs to be changed out. When the gauge hits right below the "H", the thermostat opens up and thats why the engine cools down so fast( along with the fans kicking in) My truck goes back to ford next week to get fixed.But I was told not to be to concerned about it..I just towed my Trailer last weekend ( 14k pounds loaded) through 105 degree heat and the fan and temp gauge was all over the place. But I didnt have any problems.

INSman
    A good buddy had the same problem, apparently just a gauge issue and told not to worry about it

riverroyal
    05' 6.0...first time i towed with it pulling my 5th wheel ii made it to temecula and it hit the H a few times,service advisor at Ken GRody said dont worry about it,they all are doing it.

JB in so cal
    05' 6.0...first time i towed with it pulling my 5th wheel ii made it to temecula and it hit the H a few times,service advisor at Ken GRody said dont worry about it,they all are doing it.
    Comforting

riverroyal
    its not a big deal,its not getting hot enough to be a issue,it can be fixed i guess,the fan can come on sooner or something,,,its under warranty,the temp gauge goes form the middle to the H in about a 300 yards,it scared the shiat outta me,only on hills,only towing big weight,wont do it towing the boat,just the trailer.

JB in so cal
    I'd get a new one if I was you! :idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast