Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 455 Olds Head Drain Lines Thingys

Flip
    Someone had posted pics in a thread where they had drilled and tapped the their heads and ran hard lines back to the pan/block. I can't seem to find the pics or the damn thread. Can someone help me out?

wasted$$
    Its easier to run oil restrictors in the mains & put pipe cleaners inside your pushrods to keep less oil from getting up top. the pipe cleaners will allow enough oil up there to keep your rockers happy. I've been running this set up for 6 years now without any problems. I replace the pipe cleaners every season just to be safe.
    You might find the head plumbing set up your looking for @ www.mondellotwister.com

Flip
    I've got the restrictors. It's just that the drain system looks like the way to go.

Liberator TJ1984
    Flip that was my buddy Nathans build up let me see if I can find it :coffeycup

malcolm
    The restrictors limit oil to the cam bearings only. If you want to limit oil to the top you need restricted pushrods or restrictors in the lifter bores. Then you run the risk of the valve springs overheating. An added drainback system in the back of the head is a good way to keep the oil from barfing out your breathers and getting it back to the pan. You can also drill out the drainbacks in the head a little too. No more than 1 drill size I think, but it is supposed to help some. I'm working on a set right now, I'll let you know how mine come out.

Liberator TJ1984
    Flip hit search and type this in .....455 guys engine buildup........
    Nate knows his dookie when it comes to OLDS , has the entire build here
    good luck
    :yuk: Dind't work
    Bumped it back to the top for ya though

Flip
    Cool, thanks guys

v-drive
    I have an olds and it's running fine. I did the restrictors and started comparing the pushrods to those of a 454. A 454 has 1/16 holes in the pushrods while the olds are over .100. I am a tool maker so I made my own restrictors for the pushrods. I have plenty of oil and it's all draining back.
    v-drive

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...Titled__23.jpg
    If you have any questions, give me a call. 530 320-0549.

Old Guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast