Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powell or Shasta

DrewDown
    Thanks to everybody for your input. Weve done powell a few times so were going for shasta end of june 06. Any parts on the lake that are a must see?

JB in so cal
    Thanks to everybody for your input. Weve done powell a few times so were going for shasta end of june 06. Any parts on the lake that are a must see?
    When full, there's 365 miles of shoreline; Lots to see. The Pit arm still has some trees sticking out of the water, but when you go all of the way up, it gets pretty. Any of the arms are nice. Just remember if you stay in one spot for more than one night, back the HB off and re set it or you'll be high and dry.
    I'm jealous.

BK
    We rented these two boats out of Jones Valley the begining of this month for a week. I live here now but am from SoCal and have been to every lake and all over the river down there and can tell you theres nothing like Shasta, espessially in a house boat. Late June is definately the best.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...70100_0420.JPG

DrewDown
    Does anyone know of any private rentals at shasta? Witch marina should I part from? What part of the lake is best for houseboating? Any sandy shorelines? We will be going the end of june. Thanks, Drew

Boatmaster
    Does anyone know of any private rentals at shasta? Witch marina should I part from? What part of the lake is best for houseboating? Any sandy shorelines? We will be going the end of june. Thanks, Drew
    By law private owned boats can not be rented on Shasta. I just sold a private I have owned for 12 years this week. New one will be ready in March so make sure to post well before your trip. I'll make a point of being up there. You will love Shasta!! Who did you end up renting from?

P P R
    I hear some guy that go's by Rock-it-man ownes that place.

DrewDown
    By law private owned boats can not be rented on Shasta. I just sold a private I have owned for 12 years this week. New one will be ready in March so make sure to post well before your trip. I'll make a point of being up there. You will love Shasta!! Who did you end up renting from?
    Looking for a good place to rent from. I'll let you know when I'm headed up.

DrewDown
    I hear some guy that go's by Rock-it-man ownes that place.
    Did he finally get it done at the cat attack? Share the news

Hammer
    Jones Valley has some nice Houseboats to offer up. If you do a houseboat there is no reason not to hit a finger a day. There are four and each have a different appeal.
    Now I will throw a monkey wrench in the mix. Oraville has some great scenery, almost as big as Shasta and depending on the water line can have some white sand beaches from the white granite shores on the south end of the lake. The camp sites are far from the water but a great place to houseboat. We were there a month ago and the water falls were still running hard.
    It's hard to beat Shasta though.

jbtrailerjim
    I used to go to Shasta when I was a kid with my folks. Beautiful lake. I plan on making the trip up there someday with my kids. I've never been to Powell. I hope to make the trip out there in the near future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast